Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
leodushi
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: not available

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

These are the stores in UK where you can find the Playbook for sale with several different promotions:

Carphone Warehouse

Best Buy

Phones4U

Dixons

Currys

PC World

or, if you prefer a business package deal, you have:

Insight

Vodafone

Orange

Of these, the only one I would not recommend is Phones4U, they are having some issues with exchanging the Playbooks in case you need to (say, for example, a malfunction), apparently they do not give an exchange whilst other stores do.

In any case, just check your prefered vendor's website and see which options you have available.

Have fun with your new Playbook!! ;-)

Please use plain text.
sawino
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

Please use plain text.
sawino
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

I had this exact same problem . would not charge up at all. When i went to return it the guy plugged it in and for some reason with the charger he used we started to get a 1percent charge after about 30 minuites after being plugged in I bought the rapid charge stand and now it has never had that issue. Seems to be a problem more in the charger that is supplied with it. If the playbook loses all of its charge that charger hasnt got enough juice to bring it back to life. So you need to spend another 60$ on the rapid charger. worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The charger supplied with the Playbook is the minimum size charger that has enough current source to properly charge the Playbook. If you get the larger charger which is refered to as the quick or rapid charger, this one will do very well with the Playbook. The supplied charger is really a travel charger for the Playbook.

I recommend to not buy any universal chargers for the Blackberry products. This leaves the situation open for any possible problems. I have seen some bad results when using universal chargers on many types of phone and media products.

As for discharging batteries, it is best practice to not fully drain the battery in any device. Especially when the level indicator is getting down to the 10% range it is time to re-charge the device battery. This helps avoid any problems.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
halfcraft
My Carrier: NONE

My playbook will not start up.

Left it on charger for a day and still nothing.

One night i was near it and i saw it boot up and then it turned off.

i bought the rapid charger and its been on it for 4 hours and still no lights on at all.

i need help

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Try pressing the red reset button for about 10 seconds. Then put the PB back on the charger.

If the unit does not startup most likely you will have to send it for service.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
halfcraft

It did not work.
I also left rapid charge on all night.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leodushi
My Carrier: not available

Hi halfcraft!

Everytime you experience any issue with your Playbook it is a good ides to start looking for a possible solution in the public BlackBerry technical support center.

You can access it at:

www.blackberry.com/btsc

Referring to the issue you have, search for article number KB26748, there it refers that software issue, that they are currently working on a definite solution so it won't happen again, but they also give you a way to workaround it and try to boot your Playbook.

I'm sending also the direct link to that article, it is:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB2...

Try that solution and see if it works out for you!

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
halfcraft

thank you for saving me some extra time. I also tried that workaround as well.
I tried it on my mac and a co workers PC.
It does not register when plugged in to USB. I do not even have a red light.
Please use plain text.
ymuhaidib
My Carrier: Etisalat

I had the similar problem...When I pressed the power button the LED flash red once followed by 5 yellow/green flashed...I plug it to the original charger (that came with it) and left it for hours without any success...I also hooked it to my desktop manager and started installing the OS, it downloads fine and installes then crashed at the last second (cannot connect to the playbook).....Did it at least five times without success....I then called Blackberry technical support and here is the solution:

Keep pressing on the power button for 10 seconds....Then plug it to the original charger that came with it and leave it....You will notice after 5-10 min the LED will start blinking (screen is still off)...leave it....After 4 hours the LED will turn Green....Here you can power it on....

My Playbook is up and running now...Thanks to technical support!

Please use plain text.