Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
DougONCT
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Greetings -- you seem to be the guy who knows...so here's my situation.  I've managed to get my PB to boot several times, but it will NOT hold a charge beyond the 0%.  I'm thinking the battery has completely lost its ability to hold a charge.  Seem possible? Do you know if RIM can replace the battery? 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No, if you read through this thread (I know, it's long and boring) you will explained several times that the battery at 0% can take a several hours to even reach 10%. Leave it connected to a known good charger on a wall outlet, preferably the OEM charger which came with the unit.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DougONCT
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

Thanks.  I will try again, though I have left it charging (plugged to OEM charger that came with the phone) overnight, returning to the office the following day to PB still at 0%.  

Latest attempt is to try a security wipe of data in hopes that there may be an OS issue that I can tweak.  Of course also currently "stuck" without access to BB ID Agreement (and not showing any country).  I think I saw you post on that issue also.  OY.  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

If you can't get it going do call RIM. They have been pretty good about providing support for the Playbook.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zxenith
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rodgers

I did not have time to scan the entire tread, for those who have no luck whatsoever, I found out the playbook has a design flaw.
The miro-usb...you can break it with normal use, the contact starts coming loose on the (PCP inside) 
When she refuses to charge,its a sign the port is on the way out, all the fidgeting does is make contact every now and then.  
You will know the miro usb is dead for good when even your computer wont pick it up.
Get the rapid charger cradle it solves the charging issue(does not use the USB to charge) do the rest via WiFi and blue tooth.
The only thing I have not been able to do it get the Desktop software to add the playbook via Bluetooth, as the Desktop software does not recognize the playbook as a Rim device via bluetooth (Cheers -RIM)
My usb port gave up after just 2 weeks...
No point sending in for repairs its not viable, might as well buy another which will also fail..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fishwater99
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

I got my Rapid Charger yesterday too. It's been sitting in the cradle for more than 24 hours now. Nothing happening. Any suggestions as to how long I should wait for this to pretend to charge? I've tried to do the 20 second power button reboot and that doesn't work. I'm at my wits' end.

Mark it 8 Dude.
Please use plain text.
perapong2534
My Device: Black Berry 10
My Carrier: Nokia

I have yet to see a battery last a whole week on a tablet or PC.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

perapong2534 wrote:

I have yet to see a battery last a whole week on a tablet or PC.

My PC has a cord to the wall outlet, doesn't yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
kev789
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK RDJ21WW
My Carrier: tmobile

My Playbook won't charge. The red light comes on after holding it down but then 5 amber light flashes occur and then nothing!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Eshan
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: htc

Hi,

I am a student in Manipal, India. I had bought my PB 11 months back and recently got a new update 2.1.1088. I tried downloading the update but was not able to restart the tablet after installation was complete. 

In addition, I am not able to charge my PB even after connecting it to a primary power source. It remains at a percentage where it was and discharges when unplugged. 

I would really like to know the possible solution to this problem. 

If this is not the right email to send the problem to, please let me know the right email/phone number.

Looking forward for a quick reply. 

PS Right now I am on 2.0.1.358 version

Thank you

Eshan Gupta
Please use plain text.