Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

But the charging symbol does not come on - no indication that it is drawing power.  Surely more time won't help if it simply is NOT drawing power no matter what I do or what I plug it into?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

JSanders wrote:

John_Clark wrote:
Remember, feeding trolls just means they return for more.

Yea, I know, and it can make me look as silly as the troll.. But I have many more worthwhile posts to my credit to overcome a few tossed aside to the troll.

And it is a bit entertaining...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Carrier: sprint

Yes, at first I thought it would actually start again but I tried a number of them and none worked for me. This design flaw is crazy. That is what I get for buying early and not reading a consumer report on it first. 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If the device is not completely dead and will not take a charge then the USB port is damaged. The rapid charger uses the magnetic charging port and not the USB so that's a better test.

Given what you've said I would contact RIM Support to get the device repaired/replaced.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I

There is no design flaw. It is a standard micro USB port. If you're rough on it it will break. It should be covered by warranty so give RIM a call.
New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

Maybe I'll take it into a store and see if the magnetic charger works.  Actually , a problem with the usb port makes sense - my computer seems to have stopped recognizing when I plug it in as well. Which means I can't sync the music I recently bought on my playbook over to my computer before I send the playbook in for repairs, which means it will get wiped.  Sigh... it's never easy. Well, thanks for trying to help!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rodgers

Tip, I use the wireless networking to move files to and from playblooks with defective USB ports.

My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Hey everyone, try to keep it cordial and in topic. Thanks!

Jakoby4204                                                                                                 New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: globe telecoms

i think this is the usaul thing happens, people sometimes forgot to charge thier device even it warns them. these is very common for instance, if you are on vacation and you  forgot to bring your device. or you forgot to bring the **bleep** charger and you end up a drained device.

RIM should address such scenario and develop products  that meets consumer expectations. For a common person with no background on electronics, your concern is only to use and charge the unit.  i hope on the next playbook issues like this should be addrressed. i got his problem but i still believe with RIM.

My Device: Tablet Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: Sprint

The forum is GREAT!!!  I didn't know my Playbook had not shut down completely and was "stuck".  I went here to get the answer and I did! :-) Thanks for all your suggestions and help.