Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Twonko
My Device: Playbook

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Mine was 15 months old and just died overnight.  All that bow locks about  holding buttons down and waiting till a full moon and so on made no difference.  It's now in a municipal incinerator somewhere and I won't buy Blackberry ever again.  In the meantime, my Ipad, which i don't like much just keeps on working.  One of life's little ironies.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Twonko, now you've posted the same thing in three different threads. That's trolling and not in keeping with the terms & conditions of this forum. Once is enough. Thank you for your opinion.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
TallNFunny
My Device: Playbook

Hi all, I can't believe I've only had my Playbook for a year and 3 months (just out of warranty) and now it's stopped working for me. I'm sure the exact same thing has been posted in another thread or even this one, but can't go through 79 pages right now.

Anyway, I HAVE tried everything I've read so far. Have charged and reset numerous times. I just get a blank screen when I turn it on and even after I charge and reset it. Some have worked temporarily (best solution I found was to go through Blackberry Desktop Software which worked a few times, but it just goes back to the same problem). I'm pretty frustrated. Last thing I tried was to choose to go back to factory settings/look for upgrade through Blackberry Desktop Software. Now it won't let me connect because I have do setup on the Playbook before connecting again. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO SETUP ON MY BBPB IF IT DOESN'T TURN ON!

Tempted to just buy a new tablet. Not sure if I would go with Blackberry again.  Just wanted to confer with the experts before making any rash decisions.
Does anyone know if Blackberry support charges for calls after the 90 day grace period?

Contributor
BBsilver
My Device: PlayBook

[ Edited ]

Greetings all.  So not only will mine NOT start up, and is COMPLETELY dead, but (and here's the fun part) the USB port has been busted since purchase.  (Thought we'd manage without, but hah....)

- have a Rapid Charger, and have been using it all along

- it has been plugged in for HOURS and nothing happening

- Looks like this "stacking" that keeps coming up refers only to when plugged into computers, which I cannot do,

though I did try the 2 min interval anyhow for awhile

- I DID hold down the power button for 10, 20, 30 seconds per notes on these boards

- I DID hold down the power button for 2 whole minutes even per some suggestion

- I DID try the power button with Volume + then with both volumes and power all at once

In fact, if anyone anywhere wrote to jump up on one foot, I tried that too!

AND the reason it matters . . . there are photos or someone who has passed away on there that I need to get off before sending for repair (or better yet replacement if there are any left anywhere) and really need to get this thing started again.  Been a long time that I've been trying to get these images off, though I think that's another discussion for when it gets started hm...)

Anything, oh wise BB PB peeps??  Thanks in advance!!

One more addition, the battery was NOT fully depleted when it crashed yesterday.

OK, two more things!

There is NO light red, yellow, green, or otherwise that comes on when plugged in (or otherwise).

JSanders

Good luck, you've done all those things I would recommend.

Keep it charging and WHILE still connected to the charger, press the power button ONLY for 20 seconds.

Do you see any LED activity? If not, keep charging.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Leora83

Tried everything to reboot the PlayBook.  If you get one red LED, pause, four red LEDs, pause, repeating in sequence, don't bother stack charging or whatever else.  This is a hardware failure!

HUGE kudos to RIM for not only providing free tech support, but replacing my PlayBook free despite it being 16 months old and therefore long past the warranty.

:Clap:

New Contributor
Leora83

[ Edited ]

I just called about my 16 month old PlayBook and they were great.  Not only provided free tech support but are sending me a free replacement!  I'm blown away by their service.  Especially after dealing with Bell earlier the same day...

No, I don't work for RIM :smileytongue: I just think companies should be rewarded when they impress you. 

Contributor
BBsilver

Thanks JSanders for advising I've done all you would suggest, but maybe you have other wise bits to share??  (And in the hopes of getting others advising too, I'll start my own thread maybe...)

Tried your 20 seconds while charging and NOTHING.

Lights?  Still NO.

Been plugged in for 2.5 days now and noooooooooooooothing.

Going to unplug now I think.

JSanders

I don't.

Otherwise, calling on your PlayBook support would be my next suggestion.

www.blackberry.com/playbook

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
rxc1969
My Device: playbook

1. I have a slightly differen problem . No activity of any sort when unplugged
  2. when I plug in to  PC red light 10 sec then five yellow flashes
  3. when plugged to bb wall charger
  • red light 15 seconds
  • battery bolt 15 sec
  • green light 2 sec
  • red light , bolt green repeat  2-3 times
  • blackberrry playbook sign comes and remains for about 3 minutes (does not boot )
  • screen goes to near black
  •  no charging occurs

I have tried charging for 24 hrs

Stack charging 30 sec on and 5 sec of 50 times

seeking any help or solution