Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
PeterRHawkes
My Device: PlayBook & Torch 9800

PlayBook 2 - Is it needed!

I was delighted to find that during my trip to the USA, from the UK, the PlayBook was to be launched. I was granted one visit to Best Buy and a purchase was made and several months ahead of UK launch!! 

Having secured my PB I sold my iPad and am very happy with this 7" device that is so much more convenient to carry than the iPad but still allows me full access to email and office documents. I am sure as time goes on the App list will extend but fundamentally the PB is, by its small size, a vast  improvement on 10" tablets.

I am now very concerned that PB 2 appears to be a 10" tablet and suddenly the benefits of the PB over the iPad have been greatly diminished.

Why 10" and is the current 7" version to become obsolete so soon after launch?!

Peter H
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PlayBook 2 - Is it needed!

Obsolete, I don't think so.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB

A 10" is only a rumor started by tech sites and crackberry-type sites. IMO the 7" design and the compromises associated with it are well-worth it. For example, the resolution on the 7" is the same as that of the iPad2, but the Playbook is lighter and smaller.

RIM designed some clever navigation features that make the 7" more appropriate for carrying everywhere all day long.

RIM just needs to focus on software and OS updates. Any 10" release will probably be like a brick...heavy like the ipad. No thanks! A 10" would likely be just a bigger version of the 7".
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
scocam
My Device: Playbook 16

Absolutely address the OS and Apps, I've recently won a iPad 2, it's just to dang big for my needs I will be selling the iPad.

eastcoastcreative
Please use plain text.