Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
bmartz77
My Device: Torch 9810/PlayBook 16gb
My Carrier: AT&T

PlayBook Error 132353 - Any answers?

[ Edited ]

Just to be brief, I'll give you the short version of what's happened: Bought Playbook, Started setup, connected to wi-fi, logged in with BlackBerry ID, checked for updates, got error 2012, called support, got lame answer, lame answer didn't work, did debrick method, update to 2.0 went smooth, started PlayBook, setup again, connected to wi-fi again, logged in again, checked for updates again, got same error with new code: 132353, called support again, got lame answer again, tried to get registered with rep on the line still for support, got message saying I don't qualify for complimentary support, rep seemed baffled, gave lame answer.

So now I have a PlayBook that won't get past the checking for updates phase with an error code of 132353 and no one seems to know how to fix this, get past it or what it even is exactly. Any help would be awesome!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: PlayBook Error 132353 - Any answers?

Have you tried a the three button reset.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmartz77

Yes. I tried that as well. Nothing works, and no one has an answer. RIM's customer support seemed to know less about the issue than I did...
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I just don't understand. Did you have the PlayBook setup or not. Did you try the derrick method. Open desktop manager. With the PlayBook turned off connect to the pc via USB CABLE. A dialog box will appear select update. Report what happens.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmartz77

It was during setup after I connected to wi-fi and logged in to my BlackBerry I'd, it started checking for updates and I got an error 2012. I did the debrick method, went through setup again and at the same point got the same message except I could now see my version number as 2.0.0.7917 and the error code was now error 132353. The only option is to retry or wait, if I retry it tells me I need to restart. When I restart it just comes up with the screen that has the version number and the options to wait or retry. I can't even go back into setup to try and connect to another wi-fi network. I'm going to have to debrick again to attempt that!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bb-kelly
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telstra

i am experiencing the same thing as you..  including the same error codes

if i work out a solution i'll post it here to let you know, and hopefully you can do the same.

my conversation with blackberry support ended with them saying they cannot assist me any further as my playbook was not purchased from an authorised dealer.

did you buy any chance purchase your playbook from SimplyElectronics.net ??

will keep trying to look for a solution

Please use plain text.
Visitor
universalus
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 02

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. I have tried all over the web, but without of any success. Please, do you have any idea what to do? I have bought my playbook from. Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Pegon_Fighter
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

yess :smileysad: someone please help ! same thing happend to me! customer support said its a brand new error code they don't even know about the problem

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmartz77

My conversation with support ended the same way, they couldn't help. Except they said my s/n was listed as 'stolen'. I returned it and ordered one from another seller on the same site, and this one had the same frickin' codes!! So I returned the 2nd one, followed some advice I got from CrackBerry and ordered a PlayBook right from ShopBlackBerry. It came today and works great. Man, I got burned twice trying to find the best deal and here I could've ordered one right from RIM. I actually paid less because shipping was free. So a week later I have my money back from Amazon (twice), my PB from RIM and all is well. Kind of sad though that I've been with BB for years and didn't know I could order direct from them.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mikodzi
My Device: PlayBook 16Gb
My Carrier: Kyivstar

The same error - 132353.

RIM you should do something, just becouse i have waited 3 weeks to get playbook here in ukraine. And now what? Bricked device and no support. To sent it back will cost me another 50 bucks, and in total it will be 50% price of playbook. I feel betrayed.

Should buy myself a ipad....

Please use plain text.