Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,824
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

Sideloading apps still works. :smileyhappy:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rahuliyer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

513 mb.. 1hr and 32 mins remaining..
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,824
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

rahuliyer wrote:
513 mb..

wow, the OS isn't even that big.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rahuliyer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

well i coincidentally did a security wipe on my PB and vn it started itz update process it shows so.. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
cw2
Contributor
cw2
My Device: playbook rd121ww
My Carrier: verizon

I keep trying to update and it keeps failing.  It gets about 3/4 of the way finished, then says "a fatal error occured".

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vanawful
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

cw2 wrote:

I keep trying to update and it keeps failing.  It gets about 3/4 of the way finished, then says "a fatal error occured".

Are you in a position to do a wipe and reload? Upon doing a wipe and reactivating it will force a download and install of the new OS. Make sure you have it backed up first :smileyhappy:.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vanawful
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S

rahuliyer wrote:
513 mb.. 1hr and 32 mins remaining..

Yup, if you purchased it with any version of OS 1.x.x then a wipe will cause a complete overhaul to get to OS 2. Good time to have a reliable high speed connection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
cw2
Contributor
cw2

Well, I did the magic fix for electronics (turning it off and back on) and it downloaded and installed fine. Then, it said disconnect from computer and reconnect to manager to finish; so I did. Now it looks like it doing the whole thing over again.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vanawful

All loaded up and running. First thing I noticed: it looks like they fixed the issue with Messages settings not sticking through a reboot. Previously if you turned off the 'Display Message Count' and 'Display New Message Indicator' they would turn back on after a reboot, but would still show as OFF in the settings. Now they stay off through the reboot.

The browser seems to have a little more pep. Will not know more until I've had a chance to hit some sites that were previously an issue.

Still having issues with the Android Emulator. The App World approved android apps lock it up from time to time requiring a restart of the PlayBook. Funny thing is, the side load version of Kindle works flawlessly.

Please use plain text.
cw2
Contributor
cw2

This is the LAST blackberry product I buy. It completely wipes everytime you upgrade, and I have to completely redo every setting and redownload all my information. Now I can't even get the thing to connect to the desktop manager. It just freezes up my computer. Why is this thing such a pain? when it works, it is fine, when it doesn't work, it makes me want to grow hair to pull out.
Please use plain text.