Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

jarviser wrote:

Apart from that app i would never have noticed ANY difference in the upgrade, good or bad. I thought it was interesting there were "webkit changes" (?)

It is my understanding that much of the PlayBooks "Air" code building support is moving to a newer "cascades" tablet support kit, and while I don't know much at all about that, "that" could be the source of that apps failure.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
MrsD2000
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

You can find the Off Button under the battery icon.

Contributor
TallNFunny
My Device: Playbook

Me too! I will be anxiously awaiting responses!!! Frustrating! Had a whole subway ride with nothing to read! ( Hopefully it will be fixed soon!!!

Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

[ Edited ]

f2 wrote:

Well, there may be enhancements but they seem to have removed/broken SpellCheck/PredictiveText in the Bridge Email  app.  Not Good!

Going back to the previous version will not solve your problem. I had this problem with the previous version of OS2 also. This function/feature just disappears from time to time. This bug was not fixed in this release, but it is not new. Restarting the Playbook is the only way I found to reset the feature. Annoying!

I suspected the Android player but was not it, at least it does not seem so because I can not recreate to problem. 

Trusted Contributor
vanawful
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S

To All,

When posting it may help if you can add the following:

- PB size: 16G, 32G, 64G

- Version you had prior to upgrading to 2.0.1.

- Did you jailbreak your PB at some point with dingleberry?

- Have you placed your PB in development mode?

- Have you side loaded any android apps prior to 2.0.1?

- Before upgrading to 2.0.1, did you backup your data? Either using the desktop software or doing a manual copy from the 'Z' drive to your local computer hard drive.

- If you experienced an issue with the upgrade, did you try a security wipe then reactivate and allow a reload of the OS?

Many of us are here to share our PB experiences and are willing to help were possible. However, it does not help to simply say "the upgrade did not work." Help us to help you determine what might have gone wrong. You will find many long term RIM users here who will offer many suggestions to help. Providing relevant data will help.

Of course you can still vent. We've all been there. :Yes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Trusted Contributor
vanawful
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S

lilalur wrote:

3:22 AM - I work 7 hours to setup the tablet... 

Still not able to reach my tablet storeage (Maybe its need a tripple blackflip restart whit a squriell in your mouth and a top of the chair... ah sorry Im start to be sleepy). However I finally able to reach the v7 DM to work and I backup my datas. Good news: Its stored half of my apps (??? its "okay" I can hunt them again from the Appword) and all my music/videos/books/pictures. This is suprised me because I think I am loose them forever. 

But I have no idea why are not saved all my app. What kind of security save is this?

Bad news: Ist not stored a single system configurations (Who need that? Right RIM? I really hope there is a developper who watch this) So I have a great mess in my Contacts again. Like when my used first time the Playbook(why doesnt save the changes???)... Last time this was a week when I organized all my conta... ah! I leave them instead. Ridicoulos. I hope this new soft give us a chance to store these settings to.
Of course it not saved my sideloaded android apps and their settings. Cheers!

Not sure I undertand, but App World does keep a list of all Apps that you installed from there. It does not keep a list of your side loaded apps. If you go into App World then My World, under there select 'Uninstalled'. It will list every app you ever installed on PB from App World. From there you can reinstall. So there is no need to have to hunt them all down again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

And what happen when your precious AppWord does not rememeber what you have already install, or better yet make you buy them all all over again.

I do not know about the Playbook, but on the Bold 9900, I had an update of the OS that erased all my program except for those that are RIM's supplied, and I had to buy them all, and that includes those that were offered by RIM as a gift before last December

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

rat-7 wrote:

And what happen when your precious AppWord does not rememeber what you have already install, or better yet make you buy them all all over again.

I do not know about the Playbook, but on the Bold 9900, I had an update of the OS that erased all my program except for those that are RIM's supplied, and I had to buy them all, and that includes those that were offered by RIM as a gift before last December

I wiped my playbook yesterday, got all my apps back. Did Knot have to buy them again either.

did you use the correct BBID ? if not then you would have to buy them all over again.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

you can only have one BlackBerry ID, so yes I did use the correct one

knottyrope wrote:

rat-7 wrote:

I wiped my playbook yesterday, got all my apps back. Did Knot have to buy them again either.

did you use the correct BBID ? if not then you would have to buy them all over again.

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Regular Contributor
mikejohanson
My Device: playbook

[ Edited ]

ZINIO ..Just another useless RIM app..magazine subscriptions.

DELETE.