Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbox
My Carrier: None...wifi

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

Again I will wait a month or so to upgrade.
From all the problem postings, I don't have the free time to troubleshoot this. Rim should start paying beta testers or get some official support people on here to collective info for users and suggest something other than "REBOOT" or "COMPLETE WIPE"
I don't understand how everyone rushes out to get the new updates, when they obviously don't spend near enough time troubleshooting and debugging.
Good luck all, I'm going to wait untill ate least some time in may for this update to be installed.
Thanks for the headsup, goodluck all on the update.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64g OS 2.0.1.358; Passport
My Carrier: Telus

Update after backup on windows

Backup worked, however BBDM (windows) prompted for a new Os on playbook - guess which one - 358 which had been updated over WiFi and caused the initial problem.  At this point PB was objected to desktop. I rebooted both (PB disconnectex) and eonnecte PB - desktop manager launched and connected again with prompt to upgrade OS. So I did. Took over an hour connected (had only taken maybe 30 minutes first time on wifi). I was requested tondisconnet and reconnect the pb after the successful install. Guest what windows BBDM can now notonnect with the pb. Same message as on mac - cant connect retry or repair. 

Am I in for a complete wipe?

Sorry for the rambling aPpreciate your advice. 

Paul
Torch 9810; PlayBook 64g; iPad1 64g; iPad2 64g; iPhone6 64g Passport
Provider Bell (tablets all WiFi)
Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

luapekralc wrote:

Am I in for a complete wipe?

Seems to me that would be the best route at this point.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

And by the way, for those interested, Michael Clewley, the RIM product manager for OS2, tweeted a couple days ago:

We have confirmed the Bridge autotext issue and it will be fixed in a Bridge update coming shortly.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TELUS

Oh...so this problem with the email lock in bridge mode while everything else is accessible isn't new?  For me it just started this morning after I downloaded  the update last night.  Until then, my email accounts (plural) were all available through the bridge.  Now I get that 'bridge locked' screen.  Not sure how to defeat it.  Any ideas?

RB

Trusted Contributor

:smileyfrustrated: 

Update after wipe and reinstall, which took about 30 minutes.

Sugestion for RIM: Allow the skip of tutorials when restarting. This is the third wipe I've had to do and I already know how great the interface is.

PB shows version 2.0.1.358 and appears to be working well. Of course all apps, documents, etc. are no longer there.

Windows BBDM shows version 1.0.0 and wants me to do an update to 2.0.1.358

Mac BBDM shows version 1.0.0 and wants me to do an update to 2.0.1.358

My carefully made backup made just before wipe on Windows BBDM shows "Possibly corrupted" and won't let me restore

Mac BBDM won't let me restore from an older backup - they appear but are not selectable.

Not a big deal as I have important files backed up separately, just settings and icon folders and apps to update. Won't take more than many hours!.

I've asked Mac BBDM to update to version 2.0.1.358. I'll see if then recognises the updated version.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I really only use the BBDM for synching Itunes and Photos, and I can copy those manually via WiFi. My preference is to back up the settings etc. occasionally for "safety".

Paul
Trusted Contributor

Solved

Finally all is back to normal. Thinking back, the most effective solution with the least steps and frustration would have been to:

1) Backup before update.

Suggestion to RIM: Prompt for this. Since I did the initial update via WiFi, I didn't think about it. Did the same with my iPad without issues, but iPad backs up via WiFi And there were no update issues.

2) Wipe PB and re setup

3) In the setup when it tells you there is an update OS version, connect to a BBDM and have it do the update. It takes about 3 times as long connected as WiFi, but at least (I think) the DDBM and PB will be in sync with OS.

I did not find a solution for the former backups that I have made with hte former OS2 build. Windows backup was not recognized by Mac (it was "possibly corrupted" on the windows BBDM so that may explpain it. However both Mac created backups were not selectable although I could see them in the "open Backup" window.

I had to redownload and install all apps.

Suggestion to RIM: Allow a delete in the uninstalled apps so that I can remove ones that I have found useless for me.

Also had to redo all settings, and resync music, photos, etc. 

I had a separate backup of my user folders so I just copied them back, but would have been out of luck if I relied on the BBDM to restore those as the backups were unaccessible.

Paul
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Second time my update freezes at "Installing sys.data.imf.fr_FR". The first time I gave up after a half hour, closed the update dialog and disconnected from the computer. Everything looked fine when I reopened Desktop Software. I was informed that an OS update was available, and I selected to install it. Ran fine for a few minutes, then locked up at the same place in the installation. Any help?

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Success. Gave up on installing OS update through Blackberry Desktop Software. Installed without a hitch wireless through the Playbook Home Screen (Gear/Software Updates/Check for Updates). I had to reboot, disconnect and reconnect to the computer (that was my power source during the update), and manually install the drivers (but the on-screen direction on the Playbook were fairly straight forward, except that I had to navigate to a subfolder to find the relevant driver update .exe file). Everything works fine now.

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: verizon

Okay havnt been on here in awhile, saw the new update today and downloaded it, what is supposed to be new with this update?