Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
cottage
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

It no longer supports pop up or spell check in the Bridge applications like BBM or email!!!! Poor job of beta testing.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
varick
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: verizon

I don't have a problem with those issues I use bb bridge with my Bold 9930. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cottage

Odd then when hours after install, when I contact BB support, the tech acknowledged they were receiving such calls related to the bug, and aggeed to open a ticket.
Still awaiting a reply as to how they intend to fix or provide an upgrade.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
varick
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: verizon

Sorry about your issue I have never had a issue from day one with my PB or my Bridget connect with my old my old BB or my new one. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cottage

Ehjay noted same on this forum Friday, and apparently jsanders reported that RIM Product Mgr tweeted that they confirmed the autotext and will patch in forthcoming Bridge upgrade.

So glad for forums like this, just wish RIM would do a better job of themselves moderating or notifying the BB community of their errors.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bertolufongo
My Device: Not Specified

I updated to the new OS and when I plug by PB into my laptop, I get an error message saying the device driver software installation for RIM PlayBook CD USB has failed.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
gutiarcrazy
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 2.01
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I loved my playbook with 2.0.  2.01 has been a nightmare. I know others who have had major issues. My main frustration is not that nothing syncs. Calenders, accounts. It just spins its wheel. I have had to reinstall everything twice. I also tried deleting accounts and reinstalling. I wish I had 2.0 back!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

When I connected today to try another way to make a backup I was forced to update using the computer, and guess what I just lost everything on the Playbook because it did not update, it instead decided to reset the whole Playbook to factory settings

BTW, when I say that I lost everything, I mean that I had to buy everything again from AppWorld

rat-7 wrote:

mazwoolley wrote:

Updated via desktop manager to 2.0.1.358 and that is what settings show on PlayBook. Still get update icon for 358 on PlayBook how do I get rid of it? really annoying....

I have just the opposite, I did the update using WIFI, and the next day when I tried to do a backup of the Playbook, I first got an error saying that it can not backup the Playbook, and then the computer program tells me that there is an update and it then shut down the Playbook, I then hurryly unplugged the Playbook so that it would not reset the Playbook to factory setting.

But since I can no longer make a backup, I always get the same error and it always want update the Playbook every time

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Visitor
KathleenT
My Device: PlayBook, Torch 9800

The upgrade removed predictive text from the keyboard in Bridge Mail. Same thing on five other family-owned PlayBooks. My favourite thing about the PlayBook - GONE!

When do we get it back?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

KathleenT wrote:

The upgrade removed predictive text from the keyboard in Bridge Mail. Same thing on five other family-owned PlayBooks. My favourite thing about the PlayBook - GONE!

When do we get it back?

KathleenT, have you read this this thread, and THIS POST specifically?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.