Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

I agree!  Nothing is perfect.  My PB does what I need just fine. Not perfect, just fine. My only REAL beef is that I paid the full price for my 16 GB unit a year ago.

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

I posted a screenshot the other day that shows my predictive text in bridge email, works fine, using 9930 and playbook
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Regular Contributor
varick
My Device: playbook 16gb

Everything still works fine on my PB. Question why is everyone doing a security wipe before installing the update, I didn't.  I wish the update would have fixed the BBE system I still can't access my desktop or open files with my PB  

Trusted Contributor
jecsc620
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook

varick wrote:

Everything still works fine on my PB. Question why is everyone doing a security wipe before installing the update, I didn't.  I wish the update would have fixed the BBE system I still can't access my desktop or open files with my PB  

Varick..don't ask. That seems to be the big unknown right now and the variables are not all known to provide a confident limited number of responses.

Regular Contributor
varick
My Device: playbook 16gb

Okay just asking. Security wipe hmmm hit format on your desk top or lap top and see what you lose 

New Contributor
diygirl01
My Device: Blackberry 9800, Blackberry Playbook

I don't see any responses - mine's missing too...
New Contributor
diygirl01
My Device: Blackberry 9800, Blackberry Playbook

Too funny - the next post down indicates that the battery icon does the same thing - tried it, it works great, and not only turns off the power, you can adjust the light setting as well - good move!

New Contributor
keltia
My Device: Playbook 16GB and Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

I wish I had waited to see if there were any problems with this update before plunging into downloading it.

Update OTA wifi appeared to go well, all my apps appeared to be functioning properly and I was happy. That was until I tried hooking my playbook up to my PC via USB.

Hooked up the USB cable and the dialogue box popped up regarding the updated Device Manager drivers (for version 7) which I installed. Unhooked the playbook, as instructed, waited and then put the USB cable back in. Device manager pop up saying that the playbook had been connected and was being initiated, then nothing happened.

Started up Blackberry Desktop Software and waited. Eventually it came up with the warning that it couldn't connect to the device and suggested I retry/update or cancel. Tried retry several times. Then looked online for help, this forum was my first port of call. Saw lots of people having the same sort of problems....

Unable to connect their playbook to a PC via USB

I've tried uninstalling Device Manager. Then hooking up the playbook and using the virtual cdrom to install the updated version 7 drivers.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version 6 Blackberry Desktop Software.

I've checked that USB sharing is enabled in Storage and Sharing

I've security wiped and gone back to factory settings on my playbook and gone through the OTA upgrade to 2.0.1 as part of the setting up of the device (Upgrade successful apparently)

I've even downloaded the beta of Desktop Software version 7, which has made no difference.

Despite all my efforts nothing I have tried has made a jot of difference. I cannot get my playbook to connect to my PC via USB in any way as the Desktop software says it cannot connect to the device.

I can't even use a backup to reinstall my apps/videos/pictures.

I started off with a working playbook on os 2.0 which I was happy with and now I've got a device running os 2.0.1 which I can't use to the fullest of potentials

Anyone got any ideas of what I can try now or whether or not RIM are sorting out a further update to fix this problem?

Thanks

Blackberry Bold 9700 and Playbook 16GB User
Contributor
chuckles1001
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Last OS verdion: The first 2.0 update released to general Joe Public

Andriod apps: NO

Updated first time via PB and 2nd time via PB and 2 other times via PC Software to 2.0.1.358

Wifi: secured WPA2-PSK (on a Buffalo AirStation Nfiniti WHR-G300N V2)

Battery level. YES above 20%

Was your playbook working properly prior. YES

DM Version: Not Sure

I updated my Playbook the first time (4 times in total 1 & 2 via PB 3 & 4 Via PC Software) from the Playbook itself over Wifi .... What a MISTAKE!!!!!

After the 3 hours it took to update the playbook my Wifi connection would not stay connected for more then 5 seconds and when it was connected it is not really This was the start of the problem as it made everything else not work, broke calendar, broke Facebook Sometimes loads up and displays stuff but then says you’re not connected to the internet when trying to chat, broke email (Constently says I am not connected due to the Wifi problem again)  etc etc

So I tried a Security Wipe but due to my Wifi being broke (only connecting for seconds at a time) and the fact the Playbook makes you go through all the new user stuff when booting up (RIM are Thick to think you have to do all the new user stuff every time, cant you just be aloud to skip it RIM???) it FORCED me to install the update again (I could not do it on my PC, as it had already started trying to update to the version that was already on there, why?????) This same update took 5 hours with the broke Wifi limping slowly along.

After this it was slightly more stable but only slightly i got 20 seconds use before the wifi would drop out. So I tried updating to the same firmware again this time using the PC and this time it took about 3 hours (for the same update!!!!)
Now I have a Wifi connection that sometimes lasts 2 seconds and sometimes 10 minutes, WebPages do not load or take a couple of minutes where the connection is lost and connected over and over again. The calendar which used to tell me people birthdays now never does and most of the time3 does not work it is just contently trying to load it up, Contacts is the same, App world is slow, YouTube app stops and starts every 2 seconds and the loading symbol (Swirling symbol)  is constantly on the screen (I used to love this app before the newest update). Everything else that uses the internet is broke or to slow to be useful (2-5 minutes to load a webpage, its easier & quicker to go turn the PC on). Email works when it wants to, sometime it tells me I got an email 2 hours ago (thanks playbook) I could not open a 2mb JPEG file from an email as I just waited for 10 minutes (in the end i closed it and turned my PC on and had to see it that way). I really HATE this new update and not 1 thing has been improved for me, just broken.

Trying to update programs from App world is A JOKE, 291mb Need for Speed game takes 4 hours just to download??????? Well it would have if it did not get ½ way in 2 hours before just crashing out. Thanks again RIM!!!!!

I thought this is better than it had been but I wanted to go back to the first 2.0 update as this is so much more stable for me. I am so upset that my lovely toy that I really liked is now useless to me, and I am very close to taking it back to the shop as not fit for purpose!!!

I am in the process of trying to update my Playbook for the 5th time from my PC using the playbook software (I don’t hold out much luck). This time I have deleted my wifi connections AGAIN & backed up everything AGAIN, and am going to force the PC software to reinstall the same firmware yet AGAIN, and I am sure I will have to do the Tutorial AGAIN (WHY?!?!?!?!?!?)

I am so upset with this 2.0.1.358 update and just want it to go back to the first 2.0 update which worked so much better for me, I mean typing in hotmail.com and waiting 3-4 minutes for anything to come up on the screen is ridicules, and I have to type in hotmail.com due to the email client now not working!!!!!

Please RIM help me rather than RIM me (if you know what I mean) I am so upset with my paperweight that i had up until this problem been praising to people saying how great it is, and now i am like yes I know my mobile phone is quicker and downloads faster and is more useful, even though it is using the same Wifi settings and only has a 1ghz single core CPU and less the 300mb Ram (It’s an xperia play, so should not be better than my playbook)

Any help with fixing this massive problem would be very helpful, and please remember it worked a lot better with the old 2.0 firmware, so I don’t want to hear get a new router as every other device in my house works on it at -N speeds and so did the Playbook before this stupid new update, Thanks and sorry for my rant!!!

Also is there a Freephone number for RIM????? as I don’t see why i should  have to pay to fix my playbook after RIM saved money not getting any QA (or QA with brains, or QA with a test plans, or QA that give a DAM)

Also Again RIM please get someone from your company to rpely to this thread as your lack of compasion and caring is making me and a lot of other people never want to buy a RIM, Blackberry or Tablet from you guys ever again!!!!

New Contributor
keltia
My Device: Playbook 16GB and Bold 9700

Have managed to solve the problem for myself.

The driver for the RIM Network Device hadn't installed properly from the virtual cdrom. Once i'd got it installed properly all was well in the world.

Managed to hook my playbook up via usb and with the Desktop Software. The desktop software decided to run the update to OS 2.0.1 again but now it seems to be playing nicely. Backed the playbook and now I can transfer my films and files across via usb and back it all up again.

Happy bunny again :Cool2:

Blackberry Bold 9700 and Playbook 16GB User