Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
jecsc620
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

chuckles1001 wrote:
Sounds like the problem i am having, have you checked the logs on your PB to make sure if it is connecting and disconnecting over and over,lasting anywhere between 2 seconds and a few minutes? If so you can check out my fix (not a great full speed fix but a fix to get you limping by) let me know and feel free to like my post lol

I would suggest searching the forum for speed or connectivity issues and using those threads versus adding it to this thread.

There are a variety of things that can affect speed.

This thread has gotten extremely lengthy and there is not a summary to sort of recap what we have identified as a consensus of the issue or the resolution.

I still suggest ending this thread in its entirety. This thread was originally launched to alert the community that the new release was available and to assist in getting to the release. There is more than 8 days worth of comments and i have seen other threads which deal specifically with some of the items listed here.

We have new users that are trying to decipher the trains of thought in this thread and finding it difficult.

Just my two cents...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chuckles1001
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: It's a PLAYBOOK!!!!

I agree with you i have mentioned it in other threads to but this is the thread that people keep coming back to, and i will reply to them until RIM get there finger out and reply with an official line on this, i will not ignore people who ask like RIM are doing to the consumers who trusted them
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vanawful
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Agreed. This thread needs to end.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Please use plain text.
kdf99
My Device: PB

I upgraded but now have a problem with my picture viewer. The pics are still there -- I can see them in the File Manager, but when I try to view them via the Picture icon, it tries to launch, but snaps shut, back to the desktop. The camera still takes pics, and the video display is still working. Any ideas how to correct?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
svogelzang
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: na

Wish I did not see this message.
After upgrading the Book Reader did not work anymore
Traveled  to Moldova for work.
Wanted to install new (corrected) version of Book Reader but ........
App World is not yet available in your country !!!!!!
No books for the next 3 months.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You can try using a US-based proxy server for connecting to the internet.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bhark68
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: 4165879842

Be aware, I downloaded the new update this past Monday.  Since the update, my Playbook cannot connect to my computer.  The computer and desktop software will not see the hard drive on the Playbook.   I spent 2 hours on the phone on Friday with Tech Support, and they do not have any solutions.  They have escalated this issue to the highest level and they believe the new update may have caused some driver conflicts.  

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cottage
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I for one will not be accepting any more upgrades till I read forums such as this provide feedback
Please use plain text.
jampster
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Non blackberry user

I have downloaded this OS version, now the power icon is gone. After using this version for two weeks I found out pressing the off button in few seconds will show the restart and off icon on screen. Lately I charged it full while the unit is off and when i try to open it my Playbook is totally black out no power, its just like never been charged. Does anybody experience this in their Playbook? I don't know if my Playbook is still ok.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Jampster, re: the missing power icon, do as you said or touch the battery icon for the same choices.
For your "dead" device, try pressing the power button and the up volume button for.about 20 seconds... And LED light or power?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.