Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

With selected Russian language, calendar shows like below instead of month and date.

I updated our 2 Blackberry playbooks yesterday to the above OS update - since then neither playbook will connect to my Macbook Pro Desktop Manager software - Retry simply does not work and if I select Repair I get a warning that I will lose all data, photos, apps, etc on my Playbook - this is not acceptable, especially as I have paid for some apps. 

I have researched various articles and uninstalled all previous versions of Desktop Manager on my Mac and reloaded up to date DM software from RIM, but nothing resolves the situation ??

Help please, my playbooks both work fine as they are but I no lomger have the functionality to update or sync them !!

Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Is it possible you could try connecting to a friend's PC... just for testing to see IF it will connect?

And any applications you've purchased will be available again for re-download, just look in AppWorld > MyWorld. You won't have to purchase twice.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

I just bought my playbook today and I set it all up but when it tries to download the update it keeps failing... what should I do it's update 2.0.1.358 please help me !!

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300

my Dear 

arabic language is support ??

thanks 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook

You are not indicating where in the process the process is failing.

If it is failing during the download process and you are currently trying to update via WiFi you might try another wifi location or,

attempt the update via the desktop manager application.

If it is failing during the install process, where or how far into the process is it failing. You should get an error code when it fails. What code are you receiving?

Also, check to make sure that your PB is set-up for same time zone you are in....

BriNguyen wrote:

I just bought my playbook today and I set it all up but when it tries to download the update it keeps failing... what should I do it's update 2.0.1.358 please help me !!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Storm 2

I tried updating my PB with the newest update but it didn't work.  It got through the install but seems to be stuck in the reboot stage.  It keeps saying it is connecting to the device and then comes up saying it can't connect and I may need to put in a password on the device.  The challenge is that I can't do that because the PB is stuck on the battery level page and seems to be frozen there.

Can anyone help me with this?

Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

keytofly wrote:

The challenge is that I can't do that because the PB is stuck on the battery level page and seems to be frozen there.

Can anyone help me with this?

I suggest you place your PlayBook on an outlet wall charger and allow to charge for several hours.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Playbook tablet

I had the same problem with the 2 previous OS upgrades, but this time I didn't.  Here's the difference.  The BB tech told me the last time to upgrade the OS over the air, and not while the playbook was attached via USB to my computer.   Next time, back-up your machine, sync all your pictures/music, etc. and then remove the playbook from your computer.  Charge your battery completely and leave the playbook plugged into the wall outlet.  Then download the OS over the air.  The only trouble I had was my internet connection seemed to keep booting me off so it took awhile to download.  All in all, though, no problems.  I haven't noticed any problems with my information being retained with this update.

Hope this helps for next time:smileyhappy:

I did end up with a Zinio icon I didn't have before--lucky me, I guess.  My power icon has disappeared, but as another poster indicated, that's no big deal.  The battery icon does the same thing and I don't recall ever using the power icon before.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook tablet

oops meant to attach this to the post indicated he had trouble with the OS update locking up his machine, resulting in the security wipe and starting all over again.