Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
vanawful
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

bugeja wrote:

Where can i find the Device manager? I have V6 of the Desktop software. 

Its on your playbook. Uninstall the current Device manager you have. Then plug in the playbook. Now look in the emulated CD-ROM that is created. You will find the latest Device manager for the OS version you have installed on the PB.

As for the Desktop software, that is a different thread, but in short, v7 is not released to the masses. Guess you have to be an AT&T customer with a BBOS7 device to get it. Currently v6.1 works with PBOS 2.0.1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Please use plain text.
cw2
Contributor
cw2
My Device: playbook rd121ww
My Carrier: verizon

I don't think it is off topic of this thread. People had playbooks that worked...they updated the software...now they don't. If one of the suggestions was to use v7 of the DM to remedy the situation, it is relevant here.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

cw2 wrote:
I don't think it is off topic of this thread. People had playbooks that worked...they updated the software...now they don't. If one of the suggestions was to use v7 of the DM to remedy the situation, it is relevant here.

The one posting, bugeja, his PlayBook upgraded fine and is working.

Whatever, it's all offtopic now.

The Desktop Software 7 is not available currently.

IF you are a part of the BlackBerry BetZone, a new v7 release was announced there today.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
romevsf
My Device: playbook

it says 353 mb, but after update my playbook storage lost 1 gb. Do you know where 600 mb did go?

Please use plain text.
f2
Contributor
f2
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I would love to get back to the prior version where spellcheck worked in Bridge Email.  Why must they give and taketh away in an upgrade.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lilalur
My Device: Playbook 32GB Storm 9500
My Carrier: Telenor

First time when I did the upgrade everything was fine. There was no data lost and everything is seems to runing fine. But then its finished the Device managger told meg it cant contact with the device. Need to refresh. I said okay just do it... And now this ******************** wiped all my data (I lost all my, pictures books, music, video, ect !!! (I have security save from the other datas and now I will see how working this part... If I get the other details what I experimenced whit this machine I have start to praying ))

And then the computer was still not able to connect with the device... 

I found this 7.0.0.32 Device Managger.... oh yeah! But not on the official. Finally I am able to found it in a BB forum but COME ON! That is not obvious to give this upgrade a same time as the new OS? 

But if there are people who useing the old 6.0... DM whitout problem then whats wrong with mine? Its had this problem the first time when I tryed to use the machine and its just gone once... But now started again.... ahh

This is why the BB went down the last few months. The device one of the best but these softwares ... aww! I feel myself as a beta tester all the time... 

Please use plain text.
cw2
Contributor
cw2
My Device: playbook rd121ww

Thank you. I feel your pain.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bugeja
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: fido

Thats what I want to know why some users are having issues and others are not. Is there not a RIM support person logged in to answer these questions?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rat-7 wrote:

It does not fix the Bridge E-mail problem, I still can not see any e-mail from the phone on the Playbook using the the bridge, it is in a loop and keep asking for the bridge to be unlocked, even if it is already unlock, and I am using the bridge to see contact, appointment, or task

Martin

The only way at present to fix the bridge email loop is to backup the playbook and do a security wipe.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lilalur
My Device: Playbook 32GB Storm 9500
My Carrier: Telenor

3:22 AM - I work 7 hours to setup the tablet... 

Still not able to reach my tablet storeage (Maybe its need a tripple blackflip restart whit a squriell in your mouth and a top of the chair... ah sorry Im start to be sleepy). However I finally able to reach the v7 DM to work and I backup my datas. Good news: Its stored half of my apps (??? its "okay" I can hunt them again from the Appword) and all my music/videos/books/pictures. This is suprised me because I think I am loose them forever. 

But I have no idea why are not saved all my app. What kind of security save is this?

Bad news: Ist not stored a single system configurations (Who need that? Right RIM? I really hope there is a developper who watch this) So I have a great mess in my Contacts again. Like when my used first time the Playbook(why doesnt save the changes???)... Last time this was a week when I organized all my conta... ah! I leave them instead. Ridicoulos. I hope this new soft give us a chance to store these settings to.
Of course it not saved my sideloaded android apps and their settings. Cheers!

So ... hm maybe another statisfied iPad customer at the end... Ah Sorry Im sleepy. I made a fault because the problem was in the DM probably or I dont know. But before the complet wipe we deserw a single alert, don't you thing?

The main problem I still cant reach the storeage. I hope we get solution soon.

The Browser become faster and there is some little mod on the interfaces to. I will discover them tomarrow :smileytongue: Anyway I saw some nice future chance the native (not cracked) USB OTG (you can plug usb devices whit a transformator.) And the android aps runing better now. 

Sideload is still working thanks for the good. So I can use the Latitude whit its prechased maps and the android galery whit a great shareing features.

Please use plain text.