Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
TallNFunny
My Device: Playbook

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

ZINIO. I can't believe they just added it onto our desktops like that with the few upgrades! Cheapshot!!!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

rat-7 wrote:

you can only have one BlackBerry ID, so yes I did use the correct one

I have 3 BBID with separate email address tied to my single paypal account.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

knottyrope wrote:

lilalur wrote:

First time when I did the upgrade everything was fine. There was no data lost and everything is seems to runing fine. But then its finished the Device managger told meg it cant contact with the device. Need to refresh. I said okay just do it... And now this ******************** wiped all my data (I lost all my, pictures books, music, video, ect !!! (I have security save from the other datas and now I will see how working this part... If I get the other details what I experimenced whit this machine I have start to praying ))

And then the computer was still not able to connect with the device... 

it is called debrick, a function to restore a corrupt playbook OS that has no warings when it is going to happen

Same happened to me today as well. Thnakfully i backup everything before an OS upgrade on any computer or electronic device.

I have givin this info here so hopefully it will be addressed soon.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook-2-0-Insider/Debrick-in-desktop-manager-ne...

y playbook could not be seen by DM after the OS update and now I know why

needed to install a new driver

had to intall BB Device Manager 7 after from playbook CDFS drive that showed up, this did not hppen after the playbook rebooted from the new OS. only after unplugging the playbook USB and putting it back in.

Why wouldnt desktop manager get this update first? if it did then maybe I would not have debricked my playbook by hitting retry like i do with my Torch for OS upgrades.

The new driver gives warning about not connecting, i did wait it out a bit and after a minute my password box finally showed up and took another 30 seconds for the z drive to show.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

f2
Contributor
f2

[ Edited ]

I did not lose it in the past.  But I have lost it now.  And it appears to be a permanent loss.  This makes my email replies more of a problem and I hope whether Rim replies here or not, that they fix this a bit faster than they issued this upgrade from the release of OS2 initially. 

I am disappointed that they did not catch a major glitch like this in their testing.  And whether others consider it major, I do.  Spelling or typos are hard enough to deal with on the glass keyboard. 

New Contributor
lilalur
My Device: Playbook 32GB Storm 9500

[ Edited ]

Thank you the answers. About the debrick I thought its something like this and good to know the developers now see this is not a good thing.

But the real problem was not this. The problem was the v6 DS (Desktop Software. And not the DM (device manager). Sorry I twisted the name I still need new DM I feel... Or I don't know). After when its viped all my data's still wasn't able to connect to my PB and the only option what could show me the OS refresh (with a same condition of course).

After when I put the newest v7 DS (I found it on a different forum not the official!) half of the problem was solved. The DS now able to connect to my PB but my computer not (however the DM see it).

Also not able to see my data's in the DS too. Somebody can give me a tip what can I do?

The DS told me that: My Blackberry device is not compatible with this function... hm?

And this is why I am angry because the vipe was totally unnecessary if they release immediately the new DS and DM to at the same time (but they still not released them). I guess the problem is in the PC drivers and clients and not in the PB (but I'm not sure)! So. I'm still not able to reach the storage. I'm not able to put a single new music/book or movie on my device even not with the DS sync...

I also not enjoy the backup. All my mp3 lost their all metadata or just the apps not reach it anymore (I could not tested this because I can't reach them). Some reason I lost a big avi movie and a few small one (but my records from my family and also few avis are okay.. I have all of them in my computer, but what's the logic in the saving???).  I feel myself lucky because its working with external data's on the contacts and the calendar part. But that do not excuse it.

However the new soft pairing the contacts more intelligent. Its seems I will have less work with them.

Still missing the share function from the gallery. Changed the pen icon into a select icon show more clearly what this part will do.  But I hope the next time they will stole

The sideloading is still working so now I tried a lots of things. The android apps now running nicely and faster than before but load in slower (there is no BB logo anymore just black screen when its loading) and crass more time but now this give me force close chance and not freeze (I think its better now).

I tried the Power MP3 music player an its all function just don't working now (for example the rewind). So I can't tested it the sound anomaly is still in there or not.

The Latitude is still working whit the prechased areas (phew! and its seems download the area faster). Probably I will try few video player if I will able to open a device to put videos in there.  

We still don't have skype or client for the video chat on the pc and other device. It is still an epic fail and I hope the next release will give us a chance to use this function to contact another devices or PCs (Come on just need to write client for these machines and it will be okay)! I can't say my customers thet: please if you want to contact me buy a playbook, but I forced to buy another device if its not solved soon! Seriously! This is have to be a basic function on this tablet and not the "Modern warfare".

My native book reader (I bought this app!) just stop working after the update.... no comment. This was my most used app... I hope they solving it fast because this is the only (!!!) ebook reader which knew to read my old book collection (But normaly they had to do this before released the new OS.) I saw this is not just mine problem so I will wait the solution.

I didnt saw any change whit my other apps.

I'm new in the Blackberry world. I liked the PB but its just to much trouble now.

markrichards62
My Device: BB Playbook + BB 9800 SmartPhone

I suggest people wait on this upgrade until it is patched. The spell check/predictive typing functionality is broken and typing an email on a PB is just like in OS 1.0. RIM technical support say the only way to get around this is to do a security wipe which they say will reset the machine back to OS 2.0. Blackberry Bridge also locks up / locks out for no apparent reason and the Bluetooth connection must be re-established. One of my most heavily used 3rd party apps is also broken - developer says RIM did not release new Webkit to them ahead of time so we have to suffer until they are able to sort out what RIM has changed. Browser is better. So much for regression testing though. Next time I shall wait patiently for the kinks to get sorted out.  Wake up RIM...

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

markrichards62 wrote:

I suggest people wait on this upgrade until it is patched. The spell check/predictive typing functionality is broken and typing an email on a PB is just like in OS 1.0. RIM technical support say the only way to get around this is to do a security wipe which they say will reset the machine back to OS 2.0. Blackberry Bridge also locks up / locks out for no apparent reason and the Bluetooth connection must be re-established. One of my most heavily used 3rd party apps is also broken - developer says RIM did not release new Webkit to them ahead of time so we have to suffer until they are able to sort out what RIM has changed. Browser is better. So much for regression testing though. Next time I shall wait patiently for the kinks to get sorted out.  Wake up RIM...

I don't see your point I have attached a screenshots of the predictive keyboard that you say doesn't work in the email program.  
If you are referring. To the looping of the bridged email then my friend you are wrong.  This has been an issue for me since day 1 that is 4/20/2011.  The 3rd party apps you say is broken I think you mean boo reader has been fixed and resubmitted to app world awaiting for approval.    

May be you need to do a security wipe and start over again.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

aandras wrote:

markrichards62 wrote:

I don't see your point I have attached a screenshots of the predictive keyboard that you say doesn't work in the email program.  
If you are referring. To the looping of the bridged email then my friend you are wrong.  This has been an issue for me since day 1 that is 4/20/2011.  The 3rd party apps you say is broken I think you mean boo reader has been fixed and resubmitted to app world awaiting for approval.    

May be you need to do a security wipe and start over again.

This is becoming a full time job!

As I said before my predictive text /spell check was lost from time to time already in the previous version. The problem persists in this version. It is intermittent, tough to fix. Restarting the PB will fix the problem, but obviously it is a temporary fix only. I am trying to reproduce the problem, by recalling what did I do before the feature got lost and after restarting the unit I am reproducing the configuration, apps running..etc. So far without any luck. I just can't get it fail again. It fails when "it wants to ". Instead of complaining we could all try to find ways to  reproduce the problem and document how it can be done. This would help the guys at RIM to fix it

Visitor
bicer

As per posts here and on personal blogs it appears there are Playbook owners that are no longer able to establish  WiFi connection after update to v2.0.1.358

The update has affected my Playbook as well and I'm extremely unhappy.

The only solution I was able to find is by setting my access point to use G mode only. Any other mode Playbook either doesn't connect at all or connects followed by immediate disconnect.

Can we please have RIM developer provide comment on this. I'd like to also know what kind of QA process is being applied?

Contributor
mark_st
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Where is the emulated cd-rom.   dont see it..