Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.668 now available

Oh please, don't get an attitude. I did answer your question, and I politely asked to keep discussion of the PlayBook beta in the section that dedicated section of the forum.

I don't see what's wrong with that. I hope you understand and won't take this topic off-topic now by getting all bothered.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
chipstr1
My Device: Blackberry Z10

BTW: I apologize for posting this question without fully reading through previous posts. Isee an identical question was posted earlier and an answer followed. My bad.
New Contributor
staylor123
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB

Since the upgrade, when ever I restart my Play book it removes all saved Wifi connections.

is there going to be a fix for this?

Contributor
LionelSchotter
My Device: Torch 9810, Playbook 32GB

My experience of the update is that there isnt anything glaringly obvious (perhaps more of a bugfix release)

I would like to know what everyone's wish list for 2.1 is?

Mine is:

1. A device that doesnt hang when a ported android app doesnt behave correctly! (ported apps on Appworld and not side-loaded ones).

2. If you switch between bridge and wi-fi it shouldnt require a reboot to get the native mail and calendar apps to connect correctly again ( I hate that unable to connect to account message!).

3. Even more outlook like functionality for the mail and calendar apps such as the ability to forward meeting invites from the calendar app, a tighter integration between the mail and calendar apps as we have with our handhelds in that it synchs meeting invites in your mail with your availability in your calendar and warns of issues.

Other than that what I have read on other forums in terms of what is proposed with the 2.1 update it is going to be pretty awesome once they finally release it and are done with all the betas.

New Developer
vincentkuri
My Device: Playbook

Awesome
Contributor
binhani
My Device: Curve 8520 and Playbook 16GB

I'm just wondering if any one has experienced that post the OS upgrade, the booting time has increased considerably?

:Eek:

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

It's always been 3-4 minutes, so if it's 5 in 668 it's the same routine - switch on, make coffee, login. Simples.

My Device: playbook

what is wrong with you people?? simply accept that booting takes even longer??? How about making RIM accountable to provide a better user experience instead of delaying updates and even new hardware?? They are falling so far behind that is just plain ridiculous. I have playbook with OS 2.0.1.358 since February and now it does not even shows any new updates, it says I have the latest update. is that acceptable to everyone?? while every other manufacturer has come up with newer devices and improved OS? How about if we start demanding from RIM to get their act together?
Regular Contributor
chipstr1
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I agree completely. Somehow its become okay to accept substandard performance froma device that costs hundreds of dollars just because its a BlackBerry. I don't get it. I've always liked BB devices. I own 2 phones and the PB. But its nuts to think that we should just accept these poor performance from the PB.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I have OS 2.1.0.840 on my PlayBook and it all works great. I couldn't care less how long it takes to boot since I never turn it off.

The 2.1 is a developer beta but it's been working great for a couple of months now. No problems whatsoever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!