Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.668 now available

mikejones2509 wrote:

So much for that idea...no back up from before the update.

It's a bit ridiculous to have to back up something before what was supposedly just a minor update.

Paper weight now. 3 hr battery imakes it useless.

so you keep saying.  over and over again.

Re the backup, you would surely not update a laptop's OS without a data backup? Why did you assume .668 was a minor update - who told you that?

If I was you I would manually copy all data by wifi to your computer (More reliable than a backup whatever the technology) then debrick as suggested above.  Reload apps using App World. Add back your email accounts and they will sync data back to PB

Your battery life problem is almost certainly either a bad email account polling or a bad wifi saved connection . This has been reported time and again in the forum.

My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Jarviser is exactly right. Additionally, you can do the beta 2.1 install and still revert to .358 using the method he posted if you don't like it (not likely.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
chipstr1
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Where do you get the beta 2.1? I'm stuck on the original 2.0 version!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mikejones2509
My Device: playbook

I'm not going to run some beta update/OS when the approved ones don't even work properly.

Write me a cheque for 499 bucks and I will gladly dump this in the trash and get an ipad.

This is ridiculous to have to go through this nonsense to get it to work properly.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

chipstr1 wrote:
Where do you get the beta 2.1? I'm stuck on the original 2.0 version!

Whitellist your device here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

Then turn on wifi on your Playbook and check for updates.  The update should show up.  Please make a backup before loading it so you can revert back to 2.0.1.358 if you desire.  If you don't like it (doubtful) you can easily revert back using the instructions I posted above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

mikejones2509 wrote:
I'm not going to run some beta update/OS when the approved ones don't even work properly.

Write me a cheque for 499 bucks and I will gladly dump this in the trash and get an ipad.

This is ridiculous to have to go through this nonsense to get it to work properly.

You're letting emotion cloud your judgement.  This OS was PULLED by RIM after 3-4 days.  It is not "approved" and it is best to get off of it.  Either follow Jarviser's instructions to copy your data via wifi and downgrade back to 2.0.1.358 or make a backup and then upgrade to the 2.1.

I have two PlayBooks on the 2.1.  I tested it for a while, realized it was far better than 2.0 and then upgraded my wife's PlayBook.  She is not a tech person but she's much happier with the 2.1. 

I've given you my recommendation.  You can take it or leave it as you desire. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mikejones2509 wrote:

buaahahhahahahaha.

No, silly.

Just load the Beta 2.1, it is "approved" or RIM wouldn't be allowing the entire public to load it.

There's nothing to freak out over.

Battery life is great on 2.1, I've never gotten better with any earlier OS.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LionelSchotter
My Device: Torch 9810, Playbook 32GB

Hi,

Thanks for the process.

Is there a beta Bridge App that is required on our phones as well?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

No. The same Bridge app will work.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
chipstr1
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Could someone tell me how to get the 2.1 upgrade? I'm happy to take good advice. Thanks.
Please use plain text.