Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
beavertail
My Device: Playbook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Z10

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.668 now available

Sorry to hear some of you have problems with 668.

I am very happy with 668. WiFi, gps, opening apps, everything is faster and snappier. Have 668 running on my wife's 64GB. 

Bought the 7th PlayBook today at Walmart 32GB for $118. Only 12 available for over twenty people.  I was looking for information to see how I can get 668. Maybe I will settle for the 2.1 beta 840. I have been running it on my 16GB one.

Very happy with the Playbook.  Even will be happier when the BB10 update arrives. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prsenthilnathan
My Device: Playbook

Hi!

I am sending this note from Canada.  When I check for updates from my blackberry playbook - it says that I have the latest version 2.0.1.358.  It does not go to download?

How do I get the 668 update?

Regards

PRS

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

[ Edited ]

prsenthilnathan wrote:

Hi!

I am sending this note from Canada.  When I check for updates from my blackberry playbook - it says that I have the latest version 2.0.1.358.  It does not go to download?

How do I get the 668 update?

Regards

PRS

Hi from Waterloo,

You proably can't.  688 was released than recalled. Your 358 works fine for many.

Cheers 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
beavertail
My Device: Playbook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Z10

I concur. 

My family has five Playbooks on 358. One on 668. One on 2.1 beta. They are all running fine.

I am just a bit of a geek tries to squeeze out the last drop of performance.  There is nothing wrong with 358.

Soon we will be enjoying the official 2.1 release and even more exciting the BB10 release.

Just make sure you have the two killer apps. Osmand and ComWave ePhone. Spread the word.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

This thread should have died by natural death long ago. There is all kinds of blabbering going on here but nothing new or useful. 

For our newbie - check the other threads there is lots of interesting stuff there. For navigation see the GPS thread. 

Over and out 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

I was just looking for an answer to that question and was stumbling thru this thread..thanks again..

Gene
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgstrath
My Device: Bold 9780 / Playbook

So, since we cannot re-install the back up file after reverting back to OS 2.0.1.358; is there a way to extract the data out of the .bbb file to be able to reinstall it in the "rebooted" OS version?  There has to be a "creative" way to do this, I just lack the core knowledge to be able to experiment properly.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook

There has to be a "creative" way to do this,

Has there?

I just lack the core knowledge to be able to experiment properly.

I just lack the will to live after someone has posted on this thread again.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AA388 wrote:

I just lack the will to live after someone has posted on this thread again.

Well, that in itself should solve the issue of your further complaints. :smileywink:

There are those, with .668 installed, who need help. Let them ask. There's no requirement that you have to read it.

cgstrath, the creative way is to install the PlayBook beta release for 2.1. It's not difficult and actually a good release to be using. It's discussed with instructions just up above in Post 115.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
davidjbd
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Blackberry Torch

I am sorry to hear of your plite and it is a shame that RIM pulled the update without making any suggestions as to what people can do. The helpful people on these forums provided a method of reverting to the older version and somewhere amongst all the threads they had suggested to copy rather than backup your data. However I have not seen any way to description the backup data. The suggestion in this case is to register for the Beta 2.1 which I understand from the comments is stable and install it then you can restore your backup. Do a search for installing 2.1 as there are a lot of posts on how to do this. There are also rumors that RIM will be releasing 2.1 soon. 

Good luck

Please use plain text.