Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
1Toody
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

PlayBook OS v2.0.1.668 showing V2.0.1.358

I Updated to the .668 however it won't complete.

When I connected to USB port on my computer (Windows 7 64 bit) and started the Desktop V7.1.32  it shows the PB and green USB symbol, but the error showing desktop cannot communicate comes up. I have selected the update tab and gone through the process again. However this went through the update right to the last step and it fails to communicate. I have installed and reinstalled  the Desktop manager and done the Hardware reset then tried again with the same result.

PB still shows V2.0.1.358

I have lost everything off of the PB and cannot transfer any files Now. Not a very good update!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.668 showing V2.0.1.358

Disconnect usb

Start desktop software

Turn PB completely off

Connect usb

React quickly to accept update invitation

NB This will wipe the PB but you say it's all gone anyway

[ Edited ]

Nope It does the same thing. When it is finished reloading. It reboots and the desktop Manager freezes waiting to connect to it. When it starts up it goes right to the setup and shows V2.0.1.358 and won't connect to the Desktop software and shows the Message that Can't Communicate with the device.

This is the same message that popped up to do the Upgrade When i followed your instructions. It gives you the 3 options Retry, Upgrade, Cancel.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
1Toody

[ Edited ]

I have the Answer from another forum.
I uninstalled the Desktop Manager, deleted the Drivers, Rebooted the computer. Then installed the V7 B33 everything is good. Not only that i have been unable to use the Backup since i updated to V7 DM and that also works now. It is V2.0.1.358 operating now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ripley2010
My Carrier: att

Are you saying the OS 2.0.1.668 is the same or will say it is OS 2.0.1.358 after the update is completed?  Also, why do we have to go through the computer via USB to upgrade?  Does the "Software update" option in the Playbook settings not work?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
1Toody

Sorry when I put the posting up I didn't know that they had taken the. 668 upgrade off and I thought that my PB was really messed up by showing that I still had the. 358 installed when I had updated to the. 668. 

I had actually done the update a few days ago over the wireless but it obviously didn't install properly.

The reason I was upgrading through the USB turned out to just be because the drivers were causing the DM software to not communicate. 

It appears to have been the drivers which were causing the communication error, which is also why I haven't been able to do backups on my computer as well. 

Hope this helps!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ripley2010
My Carrier: att

Okay good.  Thanks 1Toody!  I know updating by USB is another option but I got curious when I read about this update that my Playbook never got prompted as being available.  I had to check to ensure there wasn't a problem with my own tablet.

So the upgrade was available but they've since then, took it down?  That's fine too.  If folks are having ill effects from it, taking it down was smart.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

Ripley2010 wrote:

So the upgrade was available but they've since then, took it down?  That's fine too.  If folks are having ill effects from it, taking it down was smart.

Shame, it was a good update for me. Still have it loaded, think I'll keep it.

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i used the new OS all weekend long with no ill effects.

RIM said not to worry if all is well with 2.0.1.668

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.