Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
kwksti
My Device: Z10 / Playbook

Re: PlayBook OS version 2.1.0.1753 available

I don't think its hardware.... the browser does work - just no other icons on main screen (except setup..)
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
kwksti

thanx I will try that tonite....
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

kwksti wrote:

help....my 4G LTE playbook doesn't grab the update when I check for updates, I don't have a SIM or carrier plan and was using WiFi to download....???? + after several attempts and rebooting I did a security wipe and now its only displaying the internet icon on the main screen....arrrrggggh???

LTE Playbooks will not get updates without a valid SIM inserted. All LTE updates are pushed by the data plan provider, and only if the provider has agreed with Blckberry. 

one day I will listen to the little voice that said just that while I was trying the update....but nooooo.... lol
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

Gino_bxl wrote:

Hello,

I applied the update one hour ago and there are at least 2 bugs that this update fixes.

- Since one year ago I couldn't change/add/edit... my contacts anymore (app crashed), only read them was possible.

- Reading a local pdf file bigger than 1MB and/or read any pdf file using bridge was impossible (app crash)

These 2 bugs are now fixed for me.

:Clap:

But... One bug isn't fixed yet: I can't add websites shortcuts to the main screen anymore, I can only add them to the bookmarks list.

:Oops:

And also, to finish, they should add the possibility to remove several bookmarks at once (actually you must delete and confirm them one by one), select the bookmarks to delete and then delete them all at once would be better.

:Devil2:

Good points. Deleting items one by one is maddening.  Alsl true for deleting pictures. 

New Contributor
Diverjonathan
My Device: Playbook 32 GB

So, I have a 32GB Tablet that My wife purchased for me to watch movies on. Now after this last update I went from 14GB of space to place movies on down to 4GB. WHAT GIVES!

ALSO my virus scanner reported advertising being downloaded to my tablet. WHY?

And how do I get rid of that worthless demo movie??

If this is what BlackBerry is going to do I will no longer be doing any updates to my tablet. PERIOD!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Diverjonathan wrote:

So, I have a 32GB Tablet that My wife purchased for me to watch movies on. Now after this last update I went from 14GB of space to place movies on down to 4GB. WHAT GIVES!

If this is what BlackBerry is going to do I will no longer be doing any updates to my tablet. PERIOD!

To remove that video, backup PlayBook data and wipe it. Then no more movie or the several wallpapers. Then put the data back on you wish to keep.

I should have looked at my free space before and after. I will have to remember next time.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Diverjonathan wrote:

If you want to free up space and remove worthless junk, remove the virus scanner. Pointless. 

My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Since downloading and installing the latest update, my browser has crashed numerous times and, at least five times just this afternoon. :Censored:

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has been experiencing the same problem and/or a possible solution.  :Helpsmilie:

Thanks.