Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
cesar128
My Device: Playbook

PlayBook Turn on but won't charge

Here is The situation:

I bought my playbook on Jan.2012, but couples month ago I lost my charger, but it was OK because I have an extra Blackberry Charger (bb 8900). It was working great since like a month or so it won't charge anymore.

When I connect it to The charger I get red led for about 15 sec , red battery with bolt, and then pulsating yellow led.

I tried stack charge: no result

(cycles of 2mins/2mins, 2min/10sec, 15secs/2secs)

tried to update playbook: download and install but wont reconnect to tablet

I purchased a Blackberry rapid charging stand for playbook (in case USB port may be damaged): here.. The playbook turn on after several minutes at set-up screen. I followed all steps but then it says battery too low to update and stay at 0%. I left it on this screen for 50+ hours and wont change When I take it from base it shut down instantly.

PS:

1-Calling support is NOT an option, I live in Dominican Republic.

2-No blackberry support office/store over here.

Sorry my bad English :smileytongue:

Contributor
cesar128

Re: PlayBook Turn on but won't charge

It seems like nobody can help me :smileysad: this is really disappointing because I spent 3 0 US$ to get the charger without result. I liked my playbook but I think the end of blackberry at least on tablet its here..-

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Keep.charging. After 4-5 hours while connected to the charger, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to see if you notice any life in the upper right LED indicator.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
cesar128

it shut down, then i press it again and get red led --> yellow blink for aprox. 20-30 min and then stuck at 0% setup again

Contributor
cesar128

Here is a compilation of images showing my playbook where I'm actually stuck >> Playbook on but wont charge

now if I restart, disconnect, hard reboot or anything it will start with red led then yellow pulsating led and then the final step from setup.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

I am confused why a simple charging problem requires you to re initialize the playbook that way. It does suggest you have lost all your datas at any rate as carrying on with that process will wipe it.

If it really will not get past that red battery graphic al 0% then I would suggest it's a battery hardware problem which requires a repair. If you cannot get to a repair shop due to your being in a country remote from normal Blackberry support you might like to try gently prizing off the back with nylon pry tools, or a credit card, undo the two screws securing the battery strap then put them back. There are at east two vids on You Tube. it will void any remaining warranty. 

I got that screen after update it via PC, I supposed I was able to update because my PC has 3X power USB port but after update it stay at connect step I think this is to make a restore but I really don't need that if I have my Playbook working.

I will try opening it when I get home I'm going to keep you updated
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Heres a pic from one of the vids.  Take it off, count to 10. screw it back. Please come back if it works as this problem is getting serious. 

BBBatt.jpg

I'm on my way to the store because the screwdrivers set I have doesn't fit to unplug the battery.

while messing around I pressed lock after pressing power button and it locked itself and when I write my password I can use my playbook!! With a lot of bugs of course (no bridge icons, top bar not working just settings) but tetris is working fine! Browser , calendar and pictures. 

bbplaybook

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That's great,.. now charge charge charge.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code