Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

PlayBook browser doesn't work

Hello!

So I updated my PlayBook OS and it was working fine for a while, then suddenly the browser wont open any pages and all apps requiring wifi wont work. It says that I am connected to the internet and within range but nothing happens. I restored it, but I can't complete the start up because it still wont connect to the internet even though it says it is, so its rendered useless now.

What should I do??

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PlayBook browser doesn't work

[ Edited ]

I suffered the same problem last night.

Everything was working just fine. I recharged my battery, turned it on, opened the browser and tried to load a page. The load progress indicator (for lack of a better term) stopped at halfway on the browser when trying to load a page.

I cleared all items in memory (cookies, local storage, cookies, cache, etc), closed the browser and then restarted with (unfortunately) the same result.

I did the above again, with a restart of the Playbook itself- same result.

I deleted then 'rediscovered' my wifi (home)- same result.

I spent 45 minutes trying to troubleshoot the issue and gave up out of frustration due to the late hour (3:15 am).

I started my PB this morning, and all is working well. Huh? While I'm glad I have connectivity once again, the issue itself was maddening. Any ideas on what else I could have done to try to resolve the issue if this ever occurs again?

Thanks,

czar

"Welcome to my sky."
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Wow thats so weird, the exact same thing just happened to mine.. Thanks though! Glad to know mine wasn't totally messed up!

I'm not sure of any tips to prevent it from happening again, it was very frusterating, I guess we can only be patient next time

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Wifi use only

thanks, you said you started your PB in the am, so I restarted mine, and Browsers worked again.