Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
simon_a6
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

PlayBook for FTP?

[ Edited ]

Now installing!! Let you all know the result.

Incidentially, do you guys have Tablet PCs?

I'm after one that can take a SIM so I can access my works servers (FTP) from wifi or 'anywhere' with cellular.

Looks like the best option would be the iPad Mini, as it has tons of apps, can see my emails too, can do all the Skypey type stuff, and there are a lot of FTP apps out there.

Just wondered if you had experience with them.

Simon

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Brand New 9900 Application Storage Error

Odd since my9810 increased by a bit more than that. If it stays at that number it really doesn't matter though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
simon_a6

I agree. Just need to be at, and stay at a level.

I see you use a Playbook. I posted on here asking if people use Tablet PCs. Need something to access wifi and cellular when away from home, so I can provide FTP support to our web sites. Any thoughts?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

simon_a6 wrote:

I see you use a Playbook. I posted on here asking if people use Tablet PCs. Need something to access wifi and cellular when away from home, so I can provide FTP support to our web sites. Any thoughts?

I don't have experience with FTP support on either iPad or the PlayBook. I have both.

Can't recommend one or the other for your need. John might, and if not I have another friend here who might have some input -- but I'd recommend you start a new thread on that singular issue, in the PlayBook section.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
simon_a6

Yes perhaps.

I'm very keen on the iPad product tho, so I may be going on there with improper intentions!

But may try.  Then people can tell me if the Playbook, or others are better for my usage.

Does seem to me tho, that all the mini tablet things, with cellular, are around £200-£400.  Google ones are a bit cheaper, but they have way less free apps.

Simon

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I've not used FTP either. I much prefer the Playbook but there are more apps for the iPad. I have both, as well.

Maybe knottyrope knows the Playbook capabilities with that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
simon_a6

So - In my comment above it explains what I am looking for: a 'mini tablet' PC that can go in someone's handbag, so I can conn to Wi-Fi and Cellular. And do FTP downloads, and Edits, and Uploads.

I am looking at the iPad Mini, but it is pricey, so do wonder what other options are out there for this.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

PlayBook does FTP, I just connected to work FTP on mine.

i used this for a url to access some files

ftp://user:smileytongue:assword@ftp.domain.com/

i would get this app for Playbook too

files and folders

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/49236/?countrycode=US

There are several FTP clients in BlackBerry World too.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.