Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
GuidoEer
My Device: Bold 9700 - PlayBook

PlayBook stuck in app

Hey all,

Recently got myself a PlayBook for educational purposes. I love the Print To Go and BlackBerry Bridge apllication. BUT! Sometimes the PlayBook gets 'stuck' in an app.  When this happens, the app itself works fine, but I can't get to the main menu. So I can sweep the black surfaces of the screen, but it doesn't work, I can't get out of it.

Any solution for this problem? I hope so, because I love the tablet.

Greetings!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
foreverempty
My Device: Playbook

Re: PlayBook stuck in app

When you're 'stuck' in an app, does swiping upwards from the bottom bezel do anything?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GuidoEer

No... No matter where I swipe, it won't work. I even tried to use my blackberry phone as a remote controller with Bridge, and it allowed to do everything, except leave the app.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
foreverempty

**bleep**. And swiping left or right from the bezel doesn't work either? =/

Does the problem still persist even after restarting? Or after the 3 button reset?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GuidoEer

Problem is gone after restarting. But that is not really 'solving' a problem. It happens every now and then, and it is a real bum. I hope there is a solution...
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
foreverempty

I agree =/

By the way, if you got it recently, don't forget about the 90 day free support from BlackBerry =D

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GuidoEer

Yeah well, I gave RIM another chance, with buying the Playbook. Frankly I am done with their products. It doesn't matter that the Playbook has less apps than any other tablet, or any other points where it scores less than other tablets. But the product needs to function! I have it for a week now, and it randomly closes apps, shows a black screen, randomly restarts. It is another big disappointment. It goes back to the shop today and I'll get another brands tablet.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
foreverempty

Sorry for hearing that. I'd say you have a faulty device, but if you do give them another chance, you can exchange it for another PlayBook of course =D

Please use plain text.