Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
blknwht13
My Device: playbook

Re: PlayBook users and owners: after using the PlayBook what do you think of the 7" screen size?

I love it. It is just the right size! better than viewing through my phone.
Contributor
tourmaster
My Device: Torch 9850 & Playbook 64gb

Re: PlayBook users and owners: after using the PlayBook what do you think of the 7" screen size?

Size is very subjective.  I specifically wanted a 7" tablet as I need it to be ultra portable.  The Playbook is as powerful or more so than many of the 10" offerings on the market and has a beautiful screen.  I have middle aged eyesight strain and the PB doesn't bother me at all when I'm using it.  I've compared the screen of my PB next to my Kindle Fire streaming the exact same movies from Amazon.com simultaneously and the PB screen is so much more rich and deep it's shocking.  And I like my Kindle!  To me the Playbook could be the perfect homerun for BB once they work out some of the issues and get OS2 up and running fully.

Regular Contributor
mgarf33
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

I just bought my 64G PB on sale and was expecting to take it back. To my surprise, its so clear the small print is easy to read and the size is great for portability. It fits with room to spare in my cargo pant pocket at work. Just hope it still fits with the Otterbox skin I just ordered.

Oh and the screen....  I tested the camera against the iPad2 in the store, and the BB PB was clearly more defined. As for the apps, they will come with time. 

Contributor
pintos
My Device: Curve 8530, Playbook 16 GB

I just LOVE the size. I have owned mine for a little over a month. I have taken it on a trip by air to Los Angeles and what a wonderful size for flying. A breeze going through check points. Never had to take it out of the case. Perfect for the plane and car. I would not have wanted some thing larger.

Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook

7 is a lucky number....