Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: PlayBook will not charge, battery at 10% and icon shows charging

[ Edited ]

Out of curiosity - are you trying to charge your PlayBook on a charging pod with a case on? There is not enough clearance between the bottom of a leather convertible case and the pins on the bottom of the pod. As such it will not charge. If the PlayBook is inside of a case, pop it out and try it that way. Be sure to examine the pins on the PlayBook and on the charger itself looking for alignment issues.

Other than that, I'd say you've exhausted everything possible and it would be time to call for an RMA #

Please use plain text.
Contributor
minori_aoi
My Device: Developer Playbook
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

I got this problem yesterday. My PB are on 50% battery, but since I want to go somewhere, I charged it, but strangely it stuck at 50% ... 

Obviously I did everything you did ... but it's no good. Last attempt when my battery still around 30% I decided to wipe, but now it doesn't even boot into the OS.

When doing the hold 20 seconds then plugging the charger, I got long red led, then a few seconds get solid green. when I pull the charger, it show icon that i should plug the charger again. After plugging it, the icon and the green led dissapear. After that it stay for a minute then booting ... but it never reach the OS, and died half way there.

And unfortunately BlackBerry doesn't seem to have a official service center here in Indonesia. It's really frustating ...

So, anyone with this problem got it fixed?

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No. Don't press the power button AND then plug in the charger.

LEAVE it connected to the wall outlet charger (not the USB > PC charger).
Leave it connected for 24 hours... every 3-5 hours, with the charger STILL connected, press and hold the power button only, for about 20 seconds. Eventually it will boot on up, but first must reach a certain charge level.
You will see the blinking red and perhaps yellowish LED light, and perhaps a symbol on screen of "no battery". That means the battery is drained, but it must reach a certain charge before powering on.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
minori_aoi

Now I left it in charger, after it failed to booting (died on the color-changing bubble screen), after doing the 20 seconds power holding i described above. The screen seem still on (it's dark, but i believe it light up, because I compared it with my android tablet with screen turned off under the desk which is really dark, and the PB looks lighter / gray), does that mean it's charging???

So I have to let it like that for 24 hours and then it will turn itself on, or do I have to power it on???

But, is the main problem (like the OP's) which, the battery icon showed charging, yet it doesn't seem to charge at all still hasn't fixed?? That was the root of this problem, because all of this won't happened if it can charge normally...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Yes, wait the 24 hours and keep doing the pressing the power button every 3 hours or so, you need to get the battery charged fully, then after you get it charged and it's up and running you should do a re-start. You also need to make sure the charging symbol is over the battery icon, the lighting bolt symbol. It sounds like the charger is still good but the only way to know is if the charging symbol lights up. Put your hand on the charger, it should be warm.If the charger has gone bad that's your problem. Use only a charger that is an original designed for the PB or one that puts out at least 1 amp or 1000 milliamps. Going forward, never let the PB get below 20%.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
minori_aoi

I'm afraid if I press the power button, the playbook will boot and died again before it reach the OS. and the battery back to zero again ... is pressing the power button every 3 hours mandatory, or i can just leave it for 24 hours without pressing anything and then press the power button only after 24 hours?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

No, it's not mandatory. Just leave it to charge overnight, 24 hours, and then try the power up again.

Press the power button for 20 seconds ONLY while it is still connected to the charger.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
minori_aoi

no good ... :smileysad:

still can't reach the OS. after the color bubble turned pink / magenta it died again ....

one thing, when I plug it on USB cable connected to my laptop (turned off state), the Blackberry Device manager showed that my playbook was connected, but after 13 seconds, my playbook will turn itself on, and the connected status dissapeared. It tried to boot, but died after a few seconds.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Keep charging, every few hours, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
minori_aoi

[ Edited ]

I think I should give up. everything tried and still no good sign.

when i press and hold the power for 20 seconds (with charger still plugged) there'll be red flash after around 4-5 seconds, and then it will boot into colorfull bubble and died again ...

I also tried to connect it to usb on laptop after opening Desktop Software. I said it can't connect and ask me to repair and update. It then proceed to update to 2.1 build 1526 or something ... while the updating process, my playbook showed green led. then after the first step of the update done, it then moved to 2nd step which is rebooting the device. and then it boot to colorfull bubble, and without ever reaching the OS, it died again.

so frustating ....

Please use plain text.