Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
minori_aoi
My Device: Developer Playbook

Re: PlayBook will not charge, battery at 10% and icon shows charging

[ Edited ]

If your battery icon didn't show charging sign, maybe it really wasn't charging /charger is broken. But in my case, I got charging sign / lightning icon, but it wasn't add the battery percentage .... though it won't boot now ...

can you point me some link regarding this CFP things??? tutorial or something ...

why don't you load 2.1 OS there?? Or is it only for bb10 os only?

Contributor
gotovishal
My Device: Playbook

My charger is not broken. I am not getting charging sign on battery icon after successful boot.
Just search for cfp and bb10.0.9.1103 download. It is just one command and you can have OS 10 on your PB.
Contributor
gotovishal

Forgot to add that with 2.1, my pb doesn't boot up. 15s red led, 20s battery icon with lightening sign, 3s yellow-green led and this cycle repeats for ever.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

minori_aoi wrote:

can you point me some link regarding this CFP things??? tutorial or something ...

Don't even think about it. Jailbreaking to hack in an alpha version of BB10 will not help and you will finish up in a bigger mess.

If our PB is not charging and hence not booting in OS 2.1, what bigger mess we can end up in :smileywink:
Anyway, only advantage of os10 is PB boots up, nothing more. Nothing works in OS10.
Contributor
minori_aoi
My Device: Developer Playbook

Yeahh ... at this point a non-usable playbook already a mess. Have you tried to downgrade to 2.1 or even 1.0.5 from 10, after successful boot? Or can we downgrade from 10 at all ???

Contributor
gotovishal

I can load any os using cfp but with 2.1 pB doesn't boot up and with os10, it boots up but doesn't work (and in my case, doesn't charge as well).

Super Contributor
TexTucker

gotovishal wrote:
If our PB is not charging and hence not booting in OS 2.1, what bigger mess we can end up in :smileywink:
Anyway, only advantage of os10 is PB boots up, nothing more. Nothing works in OS10.

Well you go from a Playbook with a warranty to a Playbook without a warranty. 

It's not OS10 you have, it's a hacked Dev Alpha intended for a developers limited edition phone, tht's why it doesn't work properly on Playbook. Please don't encourage users to go that route.

I am not encouraging anyone to try BB10 on PB.  All I am saying is since 2.1 could not boot my PB, I tried BB10 and shared my experience about the same.

The PB's behavior, once battery is drained, is ridiculous & unacceptable.In my case PB stopped charging battery suddenly, resulting battery to drain and then never recovered from there. Such behavior of PB is wasting hugre amount of precious time of multitude of users.

Super Contributor
TexTucker

gotovishal wrote:
Just search for cfp and bb10.0.9.1103 download. It is just one command and you can have OS 10 on your PB.

I think that counts as unreserved enthusiasm, if not encouragement.