Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook--Storm 9550

PlayBook will not connect to wifi or connect with laptop

My husbands playbook will no longer connect to our wifi or the laptop, Windows 7. Just started and I have tried everything even map network connection. Desk top software pulls the PIN number and recognizes it but I can't get it to show files or show up under "computer" on the laptop so I can transfer the files. Mine shows up just fine and connects to our wifi like normal. His is approx. 98% full of videos and pictures so I need to dump all them to free up space. Another strange thing is under "about" on the pb and then "hardware" it shows 0 bytes for total storage and o bytes for total memory and the boot time is blank? Not sure what is going on and I have told him many times to dump the files and only now he tries to do it because its totally full. HELP!!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: PlayBook will not connect to wifi or connect with laptop

Could you provide the error you get when you try to connect to the wifi??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Super Contributor

Have you tried restarting your playbook. You can tap the battery icon and select restart to reboot the playbook. Try it and see if this solves the problem

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Contributor

I dont get an error messgae it times out and if I try to connect manually it will spin and search for as long as I let it. My pb on the other hand connects just as it should. I have reset it many times and that doesnt correct it either. I have tried everything that I can think of except installing an older version of the desk top software but I dont think that will help since I cant even find it by doing a network map.

Contributor

The fact that its reading 0 total bytes for mem and storage and then the boot time is blank is really throwing me off.

Super Contributor

Have you tried connecting the playbook on another PC

Contributor

Yes, both of my laptops and the same results. Started noticing a problem when the pb wouldn't connect to his phone and the first thing that went was the bb bridge.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

You have no room left on the PlayBook. Dump a couple Gb's of files.
Contributor

I was thinking that had to be the issue but what would prevent me from being able to manually network map it? Then the next issue with that is, I cant connect it to save anything before deleting the videos and pictures.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

From the memory reading you gave above, there is no room left to process anything. Deleting files is the only way out.