Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

djhall70
My Device: Bold 9900

Playbook 4G

Would anyone know when the Playbook 4G will be available within the UK? And would one sold in Canada work in the UK?

Thanks

Dave.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Playbook 4G

Not sure, but I would check with your carrier first before you buy one.

My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Playbook 4G

[ Edited ]

Unless EE do one not til next year. As you know 4G is only in 11 city centres at the moment and only with EE. And typically SIM bearing devices are locked to providers - someone like Verizon or Rogers over the pond - so unless you can unlock it no they will not work here in UK. Unlocking playbooks is a tough project.

Looks like 4G phone contracts are starting at £36 a month. They don't explain how minimal allowance stacks up with fast video download unless you reserve your video viewing to breakfast time once a month. 

I use playbook with 3 mifi (3G+) it's about £18.99 a month for 15GB with the mifi i cluded. ok its another small bar of soap to carry but I have had 8meg download in parts of Norfolk (!) and i use it with my laptop too. 

________
Please use plain text.