Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
dedza
My Device: PlayBook 64gb

Playbook 64gb

recently got the playbook and i travel a bit especially in africa i cant get app world tells me app world not available in your country yet i have a strong wifi signal and can access everything else on the web 

Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Playbook 64gb

Hello,
If BlackBerry App World is not available in "Your Country" Wi-Fi doesnt make any difference.
Which country are you currently in right now anyway?
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor
dedza

Sierra Leone west africa

Developer
Wiki_Berry

Hello,
Unfortunately BlackBerry App World isnt supported in Sierra Leone.
For more information -> http://www.blackberry.com/app_includes/devicesoftware/appworld/appworld_availability_en.html
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor
dedza

Iam beginning to regret this playbook I can't download and save a lot of stuff I need maybe it's time to move to Samsung tab or ipad

Developer
Wiki_Berry

Na, don't do that the playbook is the best tablet available especially with BB10 support, you can just download apps from a different country, anyway app world is supported in more countries than the apple app store. Or you can port android apps over. Download apk (free app) then convert to bar file with apk2bar.unker.net then download ddpb installer, add it to ddpb. Make playbook in dev mode, auto connect to ddpb, enter your password. Then install! Done! If you want easier steps, search on Google - CrackBerry Port Android Apps To PlayBook and I am sure you will find a guide!
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

HSingh2012 wrote:
Na, don't do that the playbook is the best tablet available especially with BB10 support, you can just download apps from a different country, anyway app world is supported in more countries than the apple app store. Or you can port android apps over. Download apk (free app) then convert to bar file with apk2bar.unker.net then download ddpb installer, add it to ddpb. Make playbook in dev mode, auto connect to ddpb, enter your password. Then install! Done! If you want easier steps, search on Google - CrackBerry Port Android Apps To PlayBook and I am sure you will find a guide!

....unless you are running Mac or Linux on the computer, then ddpb is no of use.  Use Playbook Application Manager extension for Chrome or Chromium Browser.

What do you mean by DDPB is no use? Some people have a personal preference in the first place.
And yes it is use.
Trusted Contributor
gumnutninja
My Device: playbook

Try adding credit card info to your app world acct. Your credit card number is country specific and that should override the ip-based geo-location. That is how it works with most online stores, at any rate, including itunes.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

HSingh2012 wrote:
What do you mean by DDPB is no use? Some people have a personal preference in the first place.
And yes it is use.

You got it to work on a Mac?  And on Linux?  Tell how please.