Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

mnewrc
My Carrier: None

Playbook Anti Virus

Hi

I have just bought a Playbook and I am delighted with it. However, I would like to know is it important to install antivirus onto it and if so what antivirus software would you recommend.

I would be grateful for any replies,

Matthew

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Playbook Anti Virus

Hi, I've not seen any anti-virus software for the PB and I don't think you'll need any. The PB runs QNX and BB is known for the security of their software and systems. Now that doesn't mean one day someone won't try to do something but so far it hasn't happened. Now when you log onto a public WiFi locations and file sharing is on you are at risk just like any other system. You can protect against this by going to settings and security and turning on password protect for both.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Carrier: Vodafone

While we're on the topic: on a public Wi-fi network, always use https:// when  accessing your webmail, facebook, twitter etc. If you use http:// your password may be sent unencrypted, and anybody else on that network could see your login credentials.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I believe that norton has an anti virus for those using the the beta os in the andriod player. But it is norton and it will be a hog.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Drewzilla
My Carrier: N/A

I feel very secure knowing the Playbook runs QNX. RIM knows what they are doing when it comes to security which is why Blackberry devices are found in secure corporate environments and government agencies.
Please use plain text.
dirtyblond
My Carrier: Virginia media

Did u found any anti virus for blackberry PlayBook 

Please use plain text.
dirtyblond
My Carrier: Virginia media

Did u found any
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Carrier: none

dirtyblond wrote:
Did u found any

There aren't any. You don't need them. 

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please use plain text.