Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
scrapy17
My Device: playbook 64gb
My Carrier: telus

Re: Playbook App Wishlist

i completely agree!  many basics need to be fixed immediately or many users will be returning their playbooks before their return policies are up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
belchski
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell

Agreed. Its a shame. 

Just drove from Cambridge to Waterloo right past RIM and tethered. No GPS at all!!!! Even stopped and stood outside with clear skies and full 3g signal. Torch had location bang on.

Did they test this? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
belchski
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell

[ Edited ]

Would also like to mention that I have been fighting hard with corporate staff and promoting this product internally at my company. Most C level staff have iPads and as IT Director its now an even more difficult uphill battle to convince for National investment for over 500 users and rollout of this device.

Im screwed but still optimistic. Its just not ready yet. Unfortunately business needs to move forward. Alot of platform choices will be made on this debut.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dah90
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Would like Nook App ASAP
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dah90
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Add removeable memory or at least ability to use USB device to transfer media to Playbook
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gandre
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900 Bridged to the Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

This is how I finally transferred my music and photos to the PB. I simply went to my computer, selected the PB drive and copied/pasted the files onto the PB. The back up issue with BB DM needs to be fixed ASAP.

Also, I am not seeing any new apps (useful) being submitted for download in the PB App World yet.  Still waiting on downloading: BB Protect, BB Traffic, BB Travel, Pandora, Skype, Kindle, and an I.C.E. app.

If my response helps you correct any issue that you're having, award me a KUDO by pressing the Star below. Then press Accept As Solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
beeeerock
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook (sadly)
My Carrier: Rogers

Hopefully some decent apps and upgrades will filter down... SOON!  I'm not sure the gamble of releasing an immature product now vs. a mature product in another month or two will prove to be the right move.  Hope so, but not convince yet.

On my wishlist:

1. BB Messenger.  I'm shocked that one didn't meet the deadline...!
  2. file browser to copy/paste files from a typical Windows network
  3. right click...
  4. clean up keyboard to offer faster input... tab key, a few more symbols on the text keyboard
  5. Skype
  6. Something to let us play with the two cameras
  7. GPS that works and apps to go with it... Google Map for my Bold would be great.
  8. SSH client.
  9. 'normal' email client for those of us who don't want to be constantly bluetoothed into our phones... or don't own a BB phone...
  10. fix browser to display the content it doesn't (or doesn't reliably) display now, like embedded videos.

I think the hardware is excellent.  I think the software could be, but isn't yet.  Need to fix that fast, before the market decides this isn't the right product to buy.... which 90% of the articles I've read are already suggesting.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Strider
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobile

- Dropbox

- Logmein Ignition

- Docs 2 Go with Cloud Support

- Blackberry News Feeds

- Mapping program intergration with Contacts

- Flixter

- Better Bridge App Features (Get them closer to the "BB experience")

Neil "Strider" Looby
Webmaster / IT Support
Colonnade Management
BES Express 5 / Exchange 2010 / 45 Users
Red Torch 9800 (v2391) / 64GB Playbook
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arosenbe
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

How about the ability to Bridge and use the Playbook as a speaker phone

Please use plain text.
Developer
brentcameron
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

AUTOTEXT/DICTIONARY!!!!!!!!  I was stunned to see they didn't include it with the device.  It's something BlackBerry does so well too.  While they are at it, it should download any autotext/dictionary off the user's existing BB and use that as a starting point.    All of the existing BB apps (BBM, Travel, Visual Voice Mail, Maps, etc. need to be ported over ASAP).  If RIM can't be bothered to port their BB apps over to PlayBook, how the heck are they going to convince us developers to?

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
Please use plain text.