Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
MiataMike
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Playbook App Wishlist

oh genie in the blackberry bottle
my 3 wishes:
Port over Tether or make Bridge a fully functional connection to internet so Apps like Magellan Compass can acess the internet. I have stuck with Blackberry despite many things, but this is a MUST HAVE
Second get a functional Micro$oft Access database app or port over Cellicas Database Viewer Plus
Third get Skype or more widely connectable video chat
Otherwise I guess have to recommend not getting the Playbook and use my more functional 9630 Tour that cost me one tenth the cost of the Playbook.

2nd Create a msicro$oft Access database runner or port over Database Viewer Plus from Cellica corp.

3rd wish....... expand videochat or get Skype

Actually these are more than wishes..... must have or the Playbook is just a toy and is far less functional than my 9630 Tour. Okay, Tour only does voice Skype......

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Portal 2 :smileyhappy:

I'd love to see Valve spread the love to the PlayBook. Seeing as it is already ported to Mac, this wouldn't be a massive stretch with the NDK.

I can dream… :smileywink:

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock

is the latest touchscreen BB phone OS'd the same as PB? i would still just love to run the apps already on my tour.
From an Apple or Android device
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

This years phones will be running BB7, which for the most part should be fine with your existing apps.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

just wondering if BB could run OS7 on the PB, and stop some of the bleeding
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

There is a virtual player coming to run BlackBerry apps on the PlayBook - but it will not be with us until after the Android player apparently.

Interestingly, the native PIM tools coming up appeared to be running in the BlackBerry player.

Make of that what you will.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vostro15
My Device: PlayBook & 9300

Skype, Sky Mobile TV, Dropbox, more games, IM+, Shazam, Cydia :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

when we have this much time to wonder and speculate, it begs the question if the powers that be are wondering and speculating just as much, with so much input on improvement, why the BS game apps that keep showing up? i have yet to hear "more games".
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shaunfritz
My Device: curve 3g 9300 & playbook

my requests would be

windows live msn much like on a pc with video calls

netflix

remote desktop connection rdc client not just vnc apps

the android bridge they were touting so we can use android apps on a bb like onstar mylink

and stop putting national film board in my updates, if i delete it its cause i dont want it!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thuglas
My Device: Playbook 32GB & Curve 8330

My wishlist:
LastPass !!!!!
SSH Client (see Remoter VNC for iPad which integrates Telnet/SSH/VNC)
Mouse/keyboard app to control a PC (see the logitech TouchMouse app for iThings) This is how I control my HTPC in my family room
Kindle
Please use plain text.