Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook Backup Stopping Mid-Stream???

but what are the bigest free apps?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Sadly, I have no idea, nor know an easy way to find out.  They haven't felt it was important to give us a mechanism to find out how much space is used by apps or their data yet.

I've got about 150 non-included apps installed, and that puts me well over the limit, that's all I know. :smileyhappy:  

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

tap tap tap tap install, repeat for 1 hour untill at 1.02 gig

starting backup now

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

If it works, it it's conclusive yet... you'd probably want to get to about 1.1GB before you could say you're really special, given the vagaries of specifying filesystem sizes in gigabytes and gebibytes and all that garbage. Who knows which definition they're using here...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Confirmed it does not work on 1 gig.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

There were several mentions of desktop manager not recognizing or connecting to the Playbook. The following articles will provide connection specific steps and troubleshooting aids.

Thanks,

Bifocals

User Smoothrider_ Tips on desktop connection issues

KB26745 Unable to connect to BlackBerry PlayBook using BlackBerry Desktop Software

KB00125 BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot detect the BlackBerry smartphone

KB05143 How to turn on BlackBerry Desktop Manager connection logging

Blackberry Desktop Software v6.02 package

User Guide - BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.2 HTML PDF PDF
Update Guide - BlackBerry Device Software   PDF PDF
Release Notes - BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.2 HTML PDF PDF

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

i assume you have down loaded 1 gig of apps and tried to back up?

Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

I've had this problem since version 1.6 - lol. Mind you, I have about 16GB of applications.

When removing all applications that have no game-saves, I get myself down to about 7GB.

It will still fail about 1 in 3 times. And 2 out of 3 times, the backup is corrupted. But I'd rather go through 5 days of deleting apps and attempting backups than restart a years worth of game data.

Its too bad that RIM is so short sighted they provide no reliable option for all users to backup just your game saves. And instead insist on locking access to all of this data from us, preventing us from manually doing what their garbage proprietary software is supposed to (but completely unable) to do.

Its something to do with apps installin themselves not-quite right or not removing themselves quite right. But RIM could care less about the problem --- I've tried working with their support many times. They are so completely clueless and useless, it raises serious concerns about the future of RIM. EVen if they do manage to bounce back, what good is it if they can't support the products.

Just my two cents.
Please use plain text.