Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: HTC One 801n.
My Carrier: Three (3)

Playbook Bad News.

Just for more moans and groans from people using the playbook. 

I have the 64GB unit and upgraded in Feb to the 2.1 firmware to my disappointment i noticed that its not changed really since December 2012 update.  Still small font that cannot be changed. 

Still Blackberry Bridge dont work for Txt and BBM on New OS 10 devices. 

It seems all Blackberry Z10 / Q10 Owners are complaining and Blackberry say that 2.1 was the final firmware release. So I guess if you dont have 20/20 vision and you use a blackberry phone your screwed. If you have 20/20 vision and dont need a reading aid ( glasses) then the playbook is fine without squinting to read your text and bbm messages, If you do decide to upgrade and buy a Z10 or Q10 Id forget all you was able to do with your playbook. 

The Blackberry Bridge will only allow cursor function and give your playbook internet tethering from your phone and nothing more. 

Seems Blackberry have Forgotten they give us something great then forget the basics in new products.

New firmware for Playbook is required. 

1. FONT INCREASE FEATURE LIKE PHONES

2. TXT AND BBM FEATURE BROUGHT BACK

3. MAKE IT USE-ABLE BY EVERYONE ( not just kids ! )

If your not willing to do this. Can you refund me £129 each for the 4 Blackberry Playbooks i bought before Xmas for my family members then couldnt give them as presents because the font was too small. 

The shop wouldnt take them back because there not faulty. 

Stop screwing the Consumer and make it Practical for all users. This is where Apple and Android beat you hands down. 

Font size is set in main menu and works the same through-out the OS 

Your phones come with Font option in set up.

Why leave it out of a playbook. 

SALES FLOP because you Dont look at these comments. !

May 3rd - OS 10 was without Blackberry messenger for 24hrs. What is going on. You brought this out to save the future of Blackberry but the service and Servers are all to **bleep**.  I have a great feeling my next device will be Android unless the Playbook is sorted out and made to work better and with OS10 devices. 

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Playbook Bad News.

Hello. So you are saying that "BlackBerry PlayBook sales flop" because of the font size? :smileyhappy:, BlackBerry Bridge will obviously be updated soon for BlackBerry 10 making text and BBM be available on the PlayBook. <- I still don't get how the PlayBook is at fault here.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea I read your other post(s). You're not happy.

BlackBerry has never said that 2.1 on the PlayBook was a final release. Never said that.

What they HAVE in fact said is that BlackBerry10 for the PlayBook is coming in the future. They have no said when, and personally I don't expect it this calendar year.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

I have been hearing about a new version of the PlayBook coming out. Have you heard anything?  

Presently we have three PlayBook. They all work very well. One for them is a 4G. I was thinking to replace the older ones with 4G because this is better than tethering them. The 4G is difficult to find since the last number of months. When the Z10 came out many of the Z10 buyers in my area also bought a Playbook. 

The 4G version is amazing for this performance. 

Thanks!  

Jerry G.
New Developer
My Device: Playbook OS2, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Tata docomo

if Playbook is not going to have BB10 this year it will be never!

My page on: App World
Check out my Apps 1). QFileExplorer 2). My ABCD
System Explorer APPID: 35601892
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

speculate all we want but in the end no one knows but BlackBerry

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Q10
My Carrier: 02

I was looking to upgrade to a Q10, but if it doesn't work as well with my Playbook I think I'll wait until BB10 and Playbook are fully integrated