Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Telstra

Playbook Battery Issues

I recently received a Playbook and I wanted to submit some feedback.

I have been an Apple User this whole time . It has never crossed my mind to go Blackberry as I believe its best to stick to what I know.

The playbook has only 1 feature that's puts it above Apple, and that is , it's size.

There is no other feature that can compare to an iPad.

The battery usage is beyond acceptable.

It NEVER charges to 100% it is stuck on 98 or 99% no matter how long you leave it on charge.

On Standby, no usage at all,  with no running Apps and WiFi and Tethering OFF, it drains from 99% to 0% in 6 hours. ???

Seriously what is going on??????   Woman Frustrated

I cannot even get 2 hours of usage out of it and all I have used it for is email and book reading.  Woman Mad

The Apps are far and few between. Very poor considering Blackberry is supposed rival Apple.

This Playbook is an absolute disgrace to the Blackberry brand and considering the poor quality of this particular product  I would never buy Blackberry. Not ever. 

I have been on dozens of forums who are all experiencing the same battery drain Issues for brand new products...

A product like this should not be released until  it is perfected with no issues or you should consider dropping the price to under $80.

It is not worth more than that.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Playbook Battery Issues

Try reading Knowledge Base articles KB26855, KB27705 and KB26708 for tips on battery problems.
New Contributor

These articles are just referring to Problems not solutions...
Thank you...
I was after a solution as to why the Playbook barrery is not working how it should and how it's advertised.
There is NO 10 hours usage , the most if lucky is 2 hours....
Once again best to stick with what you know...
If this was a faulty iPad Apple would replace it in a heartbeat...
Going back to Apple and selling this **bleep** on eBay ....
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if the playbook is under warranty, have you called support? they can run some tests, grab logs and possible send it out for warranty repair?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

It was a gift I have no idea about the wareanty, and there is no contact details such as email or phone number, on any web page for blackberry Australia...
New Contributor

It was a gift I have no idea about the warranty, and there is no contact details such as email or phone number, on any web page for blackberry Australia...
New Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch / PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

Sorry to hear of your frustrations.

I have seen about 10% drop in the charge over each day i leave ig in standby and if iwant it to stay higher I turn it off.  Standby let's it resume operations faster but does burn some battery life in between charges.  Turn the wi fi and bluetooth off when you are not using the device and that should help.

The real advantage of the Playbook is its 3G connectivity when I am out of range for wi-fi.  I had an iPhone but have switched back to a BB phone so I can use my phone's connection.   hope this helps.

New Contributor

Thanx for your reply.. I switched it off the first time but it took 10 min to boot up again... Hence the reason I've been leaving it in standby.. Mine doesn't have 3G only wifi and I make sure no apps are running in background but the drain is ridiculous I'm def going back to Apple....
Based on this I would never buy a Blackberry branded anything...
New Contributor

I use 3G thru my iPhone which is compatible..
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

RIM Australia
Level 6
100 Pacific Highway
North Sydney NSW 2060
tel: 61 2 9463 7600
Took me 1 minute to find it. You should have asked at the beginning if someone knew the contact info.