Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New_at_this
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: Playbook Battery Issues

I am having similar issues - only get about 3 hours to the battery, and bootup time is between 2½ to 3 minutes. I called BBerry tech and was abruplty told that is normal for the playbook. I'm just glad  i'm within my 14 days from purchase. Definately a return issue

New Contributor
paladinpc
My Device: 9850 Torch / PlayBook

Boot up does take a couple of minutes so I allow for that or I leave it in stand-by so I don't get caught waiting.  Have you updated the OS to 2.0?  If it is still on the older original OS version that might make it less efficient.  I have only drained my battery once in about half a day but never as quickly as you have noted.  Most days I am in and out of it so it is not going down that quickly.  I do have a car charger with the USB adapter so I can charge the PlayBook, in my car or on my laptop, if it gets low too early in the day.  

Sorry to hear about your tech experience, they have been very friendly and helpful when I had to call them about some keyboard lock ups which have gone away after I updated the OS to 2.0.   

New_at_this
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

this ia new device - less than a week old. When I booted it for the first time, it went right into the update to 2.0

The first playbook I got was 2 weeks ago, and it had a bad usb port, so I returned to store and exchanged it. The dealer at that time told me how he called BBerry support and they walked him thru settings that cut boot-up time to 30 secs and extended battery life to 3-4 days. When I tried to c all them, I was told that the times I was experiencing was normal and to "live with it"

Contributor
ThinSTAR
My Device: BB PlayBook

Sorry for your issues, but I can't say it's representative. I have it hooked to my 9520 and wireless from 8am to now 3pm I'm on 71% been using it bridged for 30+ emails (and some web) whenever the presenter is booting :smileyhappy: I turn off bluetooth at home to save phone battery, but never wifi. After the 2.0 came its been stable and fast. 

You might have some software like monitoring or logging tool that turn on gps, that drains battery, also check that tour charger deliver 1amp current or more. I found my boss leaving all programs on like the bridge email, also a battery drain. If you wifi is poor you should see desent battery if you turn it off while on standby. 

Might be an idea to do a full wipe. (do backup first)

If this does not help, you do have a broken product, call support, that should be able to help you trough your serial.

Norwegian and a BB/PB user. Read what I mean, not what I spell.
Contributor
ThinSTAR
My Device: BB PlayBook

Sorry for your issues, but I can't say it's representative. I have it hooked to my 9520 and wireless from 8am to now 3pm I'm on 71% been using it bridged for 30+ emails (and some web) whenever the presenter is booting :smileyhappy: I turn off bluetooth at home to save phone battery, but never wifi. After the 2.0 came its been stable and fast. 

You might have some software like monitoring or logging tool that turn on gps, that drains battery, also check that tour charger deliver 1amp current or more. I found my boss leaving all programs on like the bridge email, also a battery drain. If you wifi is poor you should see desent battery if you turn it off while on standby. 

Might be an idea to do a full wipe. (do backup first)

If this does not help, you do have a broken product, call support, that should be able to help you trough your serial.

Norwegian and a BB/PB user. Read what I mean, not what I spell.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

New_at_this wrote:

this ia new device - less than a week old. When I booted it for the first time, it went right into the update to 2.0

The first playbook I got was 2 weeks ago, and it had a bad usb port, so I returned to store and exchanged it. The dealer at that time told me how he called BBerry support and they walked him thru settings that cut boot-up time to 30 secs and extended battery life to 3-4 days. When I tried to c all them, I was told that the times I was experiencing was normal and to "live with it"

I have 3 playbooks and all of them take some time to boot maybe 3 min or so. We keep them in standby as battery will only deplete about 12 % for 24 hours in standby mode even with wifi on.

Retrun to place of purchase or if you have some time to clean install the os.

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

please dont post the same thing in many threads, its not going to help but waste peoples time

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V