Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
DanishH
My Device: Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: +971555379756

Playbook - Blackberry ID

1. Just discovered another problem with the playbook. When I select the gears icon next to the battery and go to Blackberry ID the playbook is unable to retrieve the ID info???? There is a green circle that keeps running but nothing happens.

2. When I connect to the laptop and log into the app account in the explorer there is a prompt for a playbook password. When I enter the password it tells me that password is incorrect. However when I sync my playbook with the desktop software and enter the SAME password it works??

This is a very unreliable tablet indeed. :smileysad: :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Playbook - Blackberry ID

Try the three button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes. Try this and see if things work better.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DanishH
My Device: Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: +971555379756

Worked!!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

That's great. Keep that trick in mind whenever you get small glitches. It is the same as Control - Alt - Delete on the computer. Resets the software back to the beginning. Tap on Solution found.
Please use plain text.