Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
michaeln
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Playbook Book Reader

Someone has kindly given me some e-books in .mobi format which are stored on my PC.  I have located an app - "Book Reader" which professes to be able to read .mobi and .epub files!

I have transferred the files to my Playbook using Windows Explorer and then used the "Book Reader"  app controls to import them into that app.  They load up OK and are readable.

Does the Playbook enable reading in "portrait" or just "landscape"?  Mine seems to be landscape only and the orientation doesn't alter when I turn the Playbook the other way??  Is there a Playbook "button" I need to press to make it portrait?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Playbook Book Reader

There is no button but is should orient by means of auto.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there are a few apps that do not rotate well and this could be one of them.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
katieaston88
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Is the app just called 'book reader'? Is it any good? As I am currently unable to read my ebooks on my playbook, due to kobo not letting you add your books the library, so am looking for another app that will do this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DejaBlade
My Device: Bold 9700 / Playbook 32 GB

I'm using "Book Reader" for the Playbook. It's available at App World for $0.99, It reads most if not all MOBI files (Kindle). A good application for the price. It enables you to side-load any ebooks you might already have.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/50823?lang=en

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UntangledDev
My Device: PlayBook

Actually, this application fully supports device rotation unless orientation change is locked via PlayBook settings.

Regards,

Igor

Untangled Development.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cones688
My Device: 9900, 9790, 9700, 9800, 9810 & DevAlpha B & Playbook

for future compatibilty i would highly recommend calibre on your computer to manage your ebook library as it converts into any format along with being able to then sync over wifi to your playbook any books you want to add or remove.
Please use plain text.
P3pp3Rmintttt
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

How did you tranfer your  files? I've tried doing the copy/paste thing but Book Reader does not detect my files.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
susgeek

[ Edited ]

In my experience the only files that the Playbook Book Reader app doesn't see are those that have DRM.

Calibe with the DRM removal plug-in will take care of that. Then you transfer the new converted files to your PB.

@}-`-,--
Web Development and Technical Services Librarian
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
susgeek

[ Edited ]

I agree - not to mention the bad grammar and punctuation.

@}-`-,--
Web Development and Technical Services Librarian
Please use plain text.