Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
vicky1tree
My Device: Playbook

Re: Playbook Book Reader

I've been using Book Reader for awhile now, and I like the bookmark feature that allows you to highlight and save text.  But I can't find the html file that is generated when I try to "export" my notes -- it says the bookmark data has been created in 'shared/bookmarks/BookReader' folder, but no such folder seems to exist on my Playbook.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Contributor
UntangledDev
My Device: PlayBook

Hi,
You should be able to find at least "bookmarks" folder - this is one of the standard folders on the PlayBook.

Do you see the "BookReader" sub-folder inside "bookmarks" folder after you export bookmarks from the reader?

Regards,
Igor
Untangled Development

vicky1tree wrote:

I've been using Book Reader for awhile now, and I like the bookmark feature that allows you to highlight and save text.  But I can't find the html file that is generated when I try to "export" my notes -- it says the bookmark data has been created in 'shared/bookmarks/BookReader' folder, but no such folder seems to exist on my Playbook.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

New Contributor
vicky1tree

Thank you! I realized that I needed Air Browser to see my folders, and now the bookmarks show up. 

Contributor
HerminatorMDK
My Device: BB Bold 9900

What is meant by side load
Contributor
UntangledDev

Ability to open books obtained outside of the Kobo's bookstore.
New Contributor
moirayoung

I downloaded  the newest OS upgrade last night and now I my Book Reader is showing all of my books but the pages are all blank. Anyone know a fix?

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

The developer is working on a fix.  RIM don't inform developers of changes apparently. 

Thank you!
Contributor
UntangledDev

Hi,

I've completed the fix and the reader seems to be working fine with OS 2.0.1 now. New release 1.3.6 has been submitted
for review today and should be available in 2-3 days (depending on how fast RIM will approve it).

Regards,

Igor
Untangled Development

New Contributor
moirayoung

Thank you for keeping me posted! I've gone old school and began reading a paperback until the fix is in.

Thank you!