Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Avery1
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

How do I transfer my Kindle Books to the Bookreader App.?

I recently downloaded the BookReader App because it said it could read Mobi (Kindle) books.  I have the Kindle on my p.c. but don't know how to transfer the books from it to my Playbook.  I tried looking at the instructions on the site:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=dc&externalld=KB26068 

I don't understand the instructions.  Does anyone know how to get Kindle books onto the BookReader App?

Thanks

Avery

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: How do I transfer my Kindle Books to the Bookreader App.?

[ Edited ]

That app cannot read kindle books with drm protection, which means most of them.

You need to sideload the Amazon Kindle converted android  app, which is rather involved process .

Or you can buy a pc program to remove drm first which is also slightly naughty even though you paid for them, but then you can move them into your playbook books folder and import them into the book reader app.

Nothing is easy with Kindle books and  Playbook.

If you are brave....

Sideloading instructions here http://crackberry.com/sideloading-made-easy-playbook-app-manager-browser-plugin which works with Windows, Mac OSX or Linux.  Works on USB (169.x.x.x) or WiFi (192.168.x.x) 

Get Kindle converted app here http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?did=179

If you do manage to sideload the app you just go to the store in the app and sign into it using your normal Amazon id and password and your already purchased books can be downloaded free.

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Optimum

I recently sideloaded the Kindle app.

First I downloaded the Kindle app on my PlayBook:
http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?did=179

Second I installed this application on my PC:
http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?did=177

This page also has the instructions on how to use the PC application to install the Kindle app on the PlayBook.

There are a number of other apps that can be installed the same way:
http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/

Good Luck!

@}-`-,--
Web Development and Technical Services Librarian
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Avery1
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

susgeek, This was very helpful info. I had looked at Crackberry.com and got some info but I didn't know I could download the app right to my playbook and use the second step to get it to open on my playbook. I had a few glitches when doing it but finally got it to work. Now I can read Kindle on my Playbook. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
data_error23
My Device: WiFi PB 64GB & Z10

Book Reader

Hello...Ivan?

Is there any way to sync books/locations between devices (Z10 & Playbook), perhaps utilizing Dropbox or Box?

This would be really great addtion, if capability isn't already there, for UntangledDev Book Reader app.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UntangledDev
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Book Reader

Hi,
No, this functionality is not available yet, but I agree with you and this is definitely a great idea. I'll add it to my development plan.

Regards,
Igor
Untangled Development
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
data_error23
My Device: WiFi PB 64GB & Z10

Re: Playbook Book Reader

Sorry about wrong name, Igor! Thanks for considering this.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
UntangledDev

It was close enough, no problem at all. :smileyhappy:

Regards,
Igor
Untangled Development
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hochv
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: EE

Hi

Please can you clarify the charging policy for (minor) upgrades? I just bought v 1.4.5 and a week later, a minor bugfix v 1.4.6 comes along and you appear to charge the full price again to allow the bugfix. Surely there should be no charge for the "upgrade"? Other than that, apart from some minor glitches when changing from landscape to portrait mode for chm books, I like it - good app.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UntangledDev

Hi,

My upgrade policy has not changed since the day one. I do not charge for application upgrades nor for using it on multiple devices (i.e.., you could install it for free on Z10 if you bought it on the PlayBook).

If you've been charged for the upgrade to 1.4.6 you need to contact Blackberry support ASAP using
one or all following customer support mailboxes:

BlackBerry Customer Support: help@blackberry.com
BlackBerry Customer Support: appworldbilling@blackberry.com
App World Support: appworldsupport@blackberry.com

Unfortunately, I don't have any visibility into any transactional aspects of the Blackberry World.
BlackBerry and its partners are managing the store and handle all interactions with customers such
as yourself. I don't get a list of people who bought my application or their BlackBerry IDs -
all I get is a sanitized transaction reports by the end of each month.
As much as I'd like to help you with this issue, there is not much I can do for you on our side. :smileysad:

Regards,
Igor
Untangled Development

Please use plain text.