Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810 / Playbook

Playbook / Bridge - loss of capability at last Playbook OS upgrade

I frequently use my Playbook to read / edit / compose / send emails with my Torch 9810, using Bridge v2.1.0.31.

Last time my Playbook software updated, now at 2.1.0.1314 I noticed that a capability has vanished from the software...

Whilst typing on the Blackberry Bridge on the Playbook, it was previously possible to type BB shortcuts to auto-enter text.

The big problem for me is that I always finish messages with "sig" to enter a 5 line long signature block with company name, address, phone etc.  It worked perfectly until that Playbook update.  For me, this defect has made the Playbook useless and I'm back to just using the phone to type and edit any emails.

The other big thing is on the Playbook when using Bridge to view Text Messages on the phone - pressing the red X brings up the delete tick boxes, but there's no way to select only one message. Instead the red X appears next to every text - and I don't want to delete all.

Surely there must be some other people using Bridge between a BB phone and Playbook who also have these defects?

Just fo the record, I'm not too impressed at RIM support wanting to charge $49 for a support call because my serial number is out of the support date, when support is required for a newly updated software defect.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Playbook / Bridge - loss of capability at last Playbook OS upgrade

Have you done a reboot to see if these glitches go away?
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, it's been a problem for some time now.  It seems to be a permanent feature - I've rebooted loads of times since the update. (assuming that pressing the battery icon or power button and selecting restart is a reboot).

None of the standard word substitutions work (sig = signature entry /  usrid = user name / mo = month / mypin etc).

Can somebody else confirm that they work on their Playbook, when using Bridge to write email from their phone...

New Contributor

Erm....

It turns out that text substitution does work, so problem solved.  It only works by typing the shortcut followed by a space, whereas on the phone the shortcut followed by return also works.

Anyway, that's that sorted - thanks for your help.

(Delete for Bridge Text Messages on the Playbook doesn't work, but that's not a big issue.)

Thanks,