Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Playbook Browser Bookmarks

There is NO WAY to backup and restore your saved browser bookmarks ??!? Outrageous ! Please make that mandatory for OS 2.0x !!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Playbook Browser Bookmarks

It appears that RIM and browser developers don't give a **bleep** about users that bookmark webpages. I have the new OS on my playbook and lots of bookmarks. I have to scroll through several screens to get to my Google bookmark or first screen of browser bookmarks. There does not seem to be a way to organize my browser bookmarks into folders and I can't export my browser bookmarks to an .html file. One day I visited bookmarked websites one by one and copied and pasted more than a dozen URLs to a .doc file. It was a VERY tedious way to get a copy of a set of browser bookmarks.

These features should come built into any web browser.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Huh, when I backup the PlayBook and restore, the browser bookmarks are there.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 9790, BlackBerry PlayBook 64Gb, BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: MTS

Nice tip to work with your Browser bookmarks. Don't make bookmarks, but make links on home screen instead. You can rename them, group, etc. It's a good idea to put them into Links folder. :smileyhappy:
Respectfully,
Oleg

Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
Follow me on Twitter (in Russian)
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
Developer

Well, that's true - it's the way I prefer to manage my bookmarks.

However, these DON'T get backed up :smileysad:

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I posted my fav links on my blog.

http://knottyrope.blogspot.com/2009/01/hey-fellow-netizens.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer

Well I'm so sad I've actually createdmy own web launchers which I sideload.

Geek to the max!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I agree with you about RIM. It isn't just the suckers, oops! I mean lusers that bookmark webpages, however. The entire Playbook design seems rushed and incomplete. There are somewhat polished apps like the Music App with large buttons and nice graphics in contrast to a documents folder that dumps all documents in one window/folder with no way to add new folders to organize documents. Downloaded files also can't be saved to or moved to subfolders to organize them even with some of the free file managers. I am taking pictures of my bookmarks. There will probably be about 50 pics of 11 partial names and partial URLs per page. My Google bookmark is on the last page. It takes a lot of scrolling to get to it and often a URL will stick to my finger and I have to start scrolling all over again after closing it.