Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
markymarkwahlberg
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Playbook Browser Crashes Frequently

This problem occurs frequently, I load a couple pages (always in one tab) usually twitter or other pages such as facebook or google and if i load pages one after another within roughly 30 seconds of each other there is no issue.

As soon as i wait a minute or so and i try to load another page the load bar at the top of the browser below URL box stops at certain spot (always 1/4 of the way there) and stops loading the page and the URL box now becomes empty.

This also happens when i try to open something in a new tab or have been surfing twitter for a while then switch gears to something else i will always get the freeze after a while.

Once i get the freeze i cannot load any other pages and it seems as if the browser crashes (one time it exited on me).

-Wi-Fi is on

-Bluetooth is on and off (tried both ways)

-tried on battery and on power supply

-tried clearing all memory cookies etc

-tried resetting network and wi-fi fixes temporarily but then recurs

-blackberry bridge is off

-file sharing is on

-wifi sharing is on

-tried as single application running and with other applications running as well

-sometimes i get a network error other times i dont

Is there a software application i can get to remedy this really frustrating as i cannot surf now

Any ideas as to the root of the issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated

This playbook is brand new, just bought it barely used  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dc-it
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Playbook Browser Crashes Frequently

[ Edited ]

Try resetting the PB by pressing the Power and both Vol buttons for several secs.
You can also change the WiFi mode to G as some PB works better on G rather than N.
Remove your saved WiFi settings on the PB and try again.

You said it's brand new so have you updated the OS?

DC-IT
Please use plain text.