Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
parlos
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Playbook Calendar no longer synching with Facebook

Hello, this was working before, but I deleted my facebook account from the Accounts manager ... then some days later I added it again  and it shows up within Messages and Contacts, but within the Calendar application it shows up as an option, but I do not see any birthay or event ... and if I want to create an event/appointment and want to choose the Facebook calnedar, it appears greyed-out and I can not select it..... it seems like the calendar application has a problem to communicate with Facebook ... but I do not know why...

I have tried already a complete wipe and start from scratch, but it all comes back to the same symptom ...  everything esle is working fine....  Any clue? .... I have seen others reporting problems to sync their calendar with facebook, and it is not clear they got it back to work.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scantee
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: 3

Re: Playbook Calendar no longer synching with Facebook

i'm having the same problem.  I have contacts but no birthdays or anything.  It used to work fine then one day everything just stopped.  Any help???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhsterne
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Koodo

Not certain it's worth the effort right now.   After the update,  my Facebook messages are buggered - one new message results in the PB email app telling me that I have 8...have discovered that this is the total number of messages in the conversation,  not the one new one....may have to delete the FB account,  sadly.  Would love to hear if anyone else has had this occur....

Please use plain text.
Developer
billbsb
My Device: Playbook, Z10 L.E.
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

I can reproduce this bug too on OS 2.1.0.1088.

Another thing that I noticed is that when I try to change the color of the Facebook calendar the application show the spinning thing but it never ends. I have to quit the app and when I open it again the color didn't change.

It would be really nice if we could choose what to sync  - Contacts, Calendar, Email - from Facebook like it's possible to do with Gmail accounts.

Cheers.

Cheers!
Please use plain text.