Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
lyontai
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Airtel Nigeria

Playbook Camera Error:4003

error:4003. Picture. My BB Playbook Camera wont come up. Any idea on how to resolve this. I have tried restarting several times. Pls help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Playbook Camera Error:4003

Do a backup and then a security wipe
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

4003 is hardware failure. It's a warranty job. 

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lyontai
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Airtel Nigeria

Hi, Tnx for your comment...are you saying I can return the Playbook to my Supplier?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest

That depends on the age of the Playbook, your supplier, and your country laws.

I am saying Blackberry have replaced Playbooks with 4003 hardware failures in US and UK  on Playbooks under 12 months old.

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
danieltsang77
My Device: 9800 and playbook
My Carrier: 3 hong kong

hI, I have the same problem (Camera error: 4003). I sent it back and RIM wants to charge me US$373 for part cost only. I called to their support centre to complain. But the guy said I only have 2 options, 1. pay and repair 2. return it without repair. Actually I seldom use the palybook because my Samsung tab 10.1" with 3G can help a lot more, so the playbook always just keep inside my drawer....but when I try to use it after os update,  the camera is not functioned......I am very very angry with it because I do think this is an manufacturing defect.

I am very very disappointed about Blackberry even though I have been using BB phone for many years.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest

Buying foreign goods with weak consumer laws probably puts you in a bad position. 

If it's under 12 months old, demand a free repair under warranty. Depending on your country laws demand it from BlackBerry or the store. Reference the many 4003 postings online.

If it's older, trash it.

The quoted repair cost would be 2x cost of a new PlayBook so somebody made a mistake, or you're paying to fly it to USA and back. 

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
danieltsang77
My Device: 9800 and playbook
My Carrier: 3 hong kong

Thanks for your message....actually, the service is local repairing center appointed by RIM. The point is we have been using many phones and tablets with camera, but none of them has such problem. Even my 10 yr old Nokia phone, the phone with camera is still working fine. The reason why people change phone so often is because we want something new, but not something dead. Anyway, I will give up Blackberry. Reason is simple: software not update, apps not many, support not enough, hardware not last....but price not low....
anyway....thanks so much for your response.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlanInHolland
My Device: Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Hi

I had the same error message this evening and got a bit worried by all those posters saying its a hardware error. Tried a hard reset and camera is now functioning as normal.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

AlanInHolland wrote:

I had the same error message this evening and got a bit worried by all those posters saying its a hardware error. Tried a hard reset and camera is now functioning as normal.

Ok your problem was not hardware. Point is many peope have tried "hard reset" (which is simply a restart  except you can use it when the screen is frozen), then a security wipe, then a debrick, allwith no resolution.  In that case it's hardware. 

It is good news for you but misleading to respond to two posts with incomplete information.