Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
pharaohseven
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: *

Playbook - Cannot Access Files

*** YES,  I Have Already Installed and Re-Installed BlackBerry Desktop Software. ***

***I'm running on the latest versions of BDS and my Playbook is up to date.***

***Issue is not caused by firewalls***

With that out of the way, I'm having trouble accessing files on my Playbook. I'm running Windows 7, and I had success before simply connecting it using BDS and using explorer to access the whole playbook easily, without the BDS' slowwww interface.

After the BDS update though, I can't connect at all again. I've checked all the file-sharing settings available on the Playbook.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any known solutions? Any guesses that haven't been addressed already in the first three lines of this post?

Thanks everyone! Hope this thread can help others too!

Picture of error: http://i.imgur.com/NZd4Y.png

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Trevor_S
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Playbook - Cannot Access Files

Just to chime in here, I still have not managed to connect via usb to a windows machine.  The blackberry software drivers installed without error. I have tried shutting off the wifi interface as described in an earlier forum post. I have rebooted both devices.  In windows, when the cable is connected, I get the message that the blackberry has been connected to the system and the computer is initializing device access. It never seems to! The BB tells me it's connected.  But I never see the expected CD drive icon in windows?  This is win XP.  

It's very frustrating. To confirm there is nothing physically wrong, I even hooked up a Linux box via usb with no issues whatever.  So what IS the problem with windows.  Can anyone help?

Trevor_S

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kennuk
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Playbook - Cannot Access Files

Same here, no idea why

Please use plain text.