Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2

Playbook + Cisco VPN Client

Has anyone successfully gotten this to work?  I have been working on this non stop for a couple weeks with no success.  Working with our Cisco Engineer, we have tried just about every possible combination of settings on both the playbook and the Cisco 5510, and nothing works.  Cant even see that the playbook is attempting a connection.  We are looking to purchase a considerable number of these for our field reps to use in unison with their Blackberry's but as of right now they are nothing more than an expensive brick.  any help would be greatly appreciated..

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Playbook + Cisco VPN Client

I looked for corporate information from Cisco, and did not find anything.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2BVPN+%2B%22blackberry+playbook%22+site%3Acisco.com+-site%3Asupportf...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Torch

I've had this issue since the day the Playbooks were out.  I logged a call with RIM on it and nothing happened over a few weeks back in May except various firmware patches that didn't address the problem.  When I was on holidays for a month in June, RIM closed my call as "addressed" as I didn't reply back to them.  VPN still not working with the latest firmware and I haven't heard anything back from them despite two additional emails sent since I've been back. 

At this point I've recommended this product as NOT suitable for our corporate environment and consider it an expensive solitaire player.  We will pursue our mobile strategy with other mobile devices.  Heck, they can't even get the time on the unit to match the internal clock time for my time zone after 3 firmware patches.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB

I have been able to connect to a Cisco as5520 but what can you do after you are connected? I dont see a way to browse to a location on the network  Any hints?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

It works fine on my Cisco infrastructure.

I use Cisco VPN to get connected to ASA, NAC and Ironport.

If you need to connect to your MS system, i.e in remote with your server, you need to configure a Java web application.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB

I have a call in to support and hope to get some assistance or idea of what aps I could use to access Remote  Desktop Server for instance. I think that would be the most suitable application for me. I get access to my PC and all the programs that I need, without loading up the Playbook.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860 & PlayBook