Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
quorry
My Device: PLAYBOOK 32 GB
My Carrier: Rogers via Rocket Hub

Playbook Email has Stopped Sending Messages

After working properly for some time, my Playbook email suddenly stopped sending email through my Rogers POP account. When I try to send an email, I get the message:

"An unexpected problem has occurred with Rogers - (myusermname)@rogers.com. Some features may not be working correctly."

After not being able to fix the problem any other way, I tried deleting the accout then adding it again as a new one. However when I did this and went to save the account settings, I received the same error message and was not able to set up the new account. Now I have no email at all.

I have checked with Rogers and they say all my settings are correct for Playbook and Outlook is working fine with those settings on my desktop.

Does anyone have any help or suggestions?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Playbook Email has Stopped Sending Messages

I don't know if this will help but Google this BlackBerry Knowledge Base article. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29354
Please use plain text.
Contributor
quorry

This article refers to setting up calendar and contacts accounts, my problem is with email.

Thanks anyway!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Sometimes yahoo based accounts like Rogers need the captcha to be cleared online

See  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13799

I was really hoping it was the captcha challange but alas no luck there either.  I'm assuming that once I answer the challange on webmail that I don't need to do anything further on Playbook.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
quorry

Hi All,

I think I have sorted things out.  I think I did solve my problem when I reinstalled my email account but didn't realize it because of the error screen I described made me think I had done something wrong.  When I finally exited out of the email setup screens, there was another asking me to setup calendar and contacts accounts and to sign in with my username and password.  It was only when I completed that setup that my new email account would open up for me.  The error screen was only telling me that I hadn't finished the process yet.

Thanks for your suggestions

Please use plain text.