Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Tankertk
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Playbook Ghost or has a Virus?

For the last 2 weeks or so (almost since the last OS Update) my Black Berry Playbook has been going crazy, almost like it has someone that has control of it (even witht he blue tooth and Wifi turned off) I have searched alot of web sites and they are saying there is interference.... BS! because everywhere I take it, it's the same thing.  It will start opening apps, email, contacts, videos, etc on it's on like someone is doing this.  Is anyone else having this problem? Also, I did a security wipe thinking this is like a format, but I don't think it is like a format after all some info was still there I had on it before.  Can someone help me please?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook Ghost or has a Virus?

is this while connected to the charger?

if yes possible you have a bad grounded neutral and then the playbook will do weird things

if no maybe the device has an issue and you should call support

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tankertk

No, it's anytime, hooked to the charger or sitting there by itself

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tankertk

Who do I call and what Number?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

list here for us

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cchampeau1
My Device: blackberry playbook 2.0
My Carrier: virgin mobile

HI

Well I agree. I noticed this while I was trying to update the last update. I plugged mine in, and on and

it just does things by itself. The key board comes up and clicks a couple of keys, turns airplane mode on,

in my calendar.  All this happens at super speed that it is hard to follow. It only has been happening

when plugged in.

Is yours plugged in or on battery.

Carrie

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tankertk

Mine does it if it's plugged in or not plugged in, doesn't matter..... any time of the day or night as well

It did it soo much last night that it drove me crazy and turned it off.

It goes into the email, contacts, Blackberry World, opens apps, goes into the settings, etc

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tankertk

I've had it for about 15 months now, first 14 months it worked perfect! .....I've done a virus scan and a Malware scan (while hooked to my computer) and it came up with nothing.......  Running out of ideas here......  RIM wants $50 (I believe I read) to even talk to me about the issue. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

if less than a year old you can call warranty support for this

Please use plain text.
berfie
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Singtel

I am also experiencing the same, both while charging and not charging. It also switched on by itself (when its on standby). The device is beyond 12 months old and the online technical support won't accept the case without credit card info (why should it be when I'm trying to find my local support?).
Please use plain text.